Pages

Saturday, February 4, 2012

Valentine Candy Basket

Silke had this adorable little sketch posted for this weeks Tuesday Challenge over at Flourishes and I thought I would ink up some of the Valentine stamps and play along. Fins all the details of the challenge HERE.
 I loved this little candy basket image, fun to color and embellish too. I pulled my papers from My Mind's Eye 6x6 paper pad "Love Me". The sketch was a quick and easy one to follow. After choosing my papers, I added Kraft paper in the mix and added a kraft layer to all the long rectangles using Perfect Layers Rulers.
 When I am adding piercing around the edges of a Nestie shape, I keep it in the die. And follow the edge of the die to add my piercing. While they may not be perfectly spaced... it does help me to have the edge to follow.
 Here are the Copics I used to color the image. LOTS of pinks. Not my norm, lol!
 On the inside of the card I added a sentiment from Flourishes Heartlines set. Love this sweet little set! A piece of left over DP added along the bottom of the liner.
Love the Parisian Motif Dies mixed up with the Circles, you can see how the circle tucks right under the motif edges. I did pop several layers up with foam tape, adding a little dimension. I used the Clear Effects Gel Pen to add a little shine to the XOXO and the little dots in the image... giving it a glossy shine.

14 comments:

  1. Absolutely gorgeous. Just love all the layers and the yummy image has been coloured beautifully.
    Hugs
    Desire

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE this!!! The layers are fabulous, the sketch is perfect and the card is one of the sweetest valentine cards ever :)
    Dianne

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful card with all those layers and the awesome MME papers ! Your bows are always so gorgeous as well ! Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very Pretty! I love all the layers and especially how you placed the circles inside the frame with the little gems dotted around it! Lots of great details -the paper piercing - and your coloring is perfection.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good golly! Jenny, your card is stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow Jenny - I gotta try this. No wonder they pay you the big bucks!!
    Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  7. Jeepers Jenny You sure have one of THE MOST Unique Pieces od Stamps!
    They're each one of them, AWESOME
    But more than that, It's the colors U use that brings them out.
    Say nothing od the way You shade,
    Oui la la, ur, Que Bellisima?!
    Sus dibojos y como miscla Ud los colores, es un trabajo precioso.
    ThankYOU.<(^O*)>

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is so pretty Jenny, love the colours and gorgeous image..fabulous papers and love the peircing, thanks for the tip...

    Luv CHRISSYxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous coloring. Fun idea to do the piercing. Such a fun, bright, and happy card!

    Chris R. from Iowa
    ckrobinson01@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a sweet card! Love the basket and appreciate the tip for the piercing!
    Hugs, antonella :-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. SHUT UP...THIS IS SOOOOOOOOOOO CUTE AND GORGEOUS JENNY! The piercing is right up my alley :)!!! Your coloring is always fabbo and I just love the matching DP....perfect take on the Sketch and I'm so happy you had a chance to play along :)!

    It was soooooooooooooooo fun to see you all this weekend! HUGS ~S~

    ReplyDelete
  12. So pretty Jenny! You did a great job coloring that sweet treat basket! Thanks for joining along with FTTC :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is a super cute Valentine's card! I love the dp's. They paired perfectly with that stamp, which, by the way, is colored superbly! So glad you joined us the week for the Timeless Tuesday challenge!

    ReplyDelete