Pages

Monday, February 6, 2012

Outlines - Gettin' Sketchy Today

This week the Outlines Team has a sketch to play with. I love sketches, they make me do something different! Above is the sketch that Lisa created for us, and I loved creating with this layout in mind. Each week you can always play along with us for a chance to win a $25 GIft Certificate, fins all the details on Outlines Blog. Check out what all the ladies cooked up this week: 
 I was determined to use this new embossing folder, loved that little open box. The stamp image is actually two butterflies together "Lily and Layla" but just one fit in the little embossed box. All of the pattern paper is from My Mind's Eye 6x6 paper pad - Vanity Fair. I added a little sentiment banner, but other than that I was pretty true to Lisa's great sketch.
 I stamped the butterfly three times on pattern paper from the pad, cutting out the layers as shown.  I stamped the image inside the embossed box and added a light shadow around the edges and also colored the body using the Copics shown in the picture above.
Here is the finished butterfly. I gently curled the wings and applied each layer using Dimensional Silicone under the wings, to hold the bend and keep them all popped up. Then.... a few sparkly crystals and a coat of glossy accents over the entire butterfly to help it stand out on the card. I used Perfect Layers Rulers for all the straight line layers... makes it so very easy!

7 comments:

  1. Just beautiful and such a great take on the sketch.
    Hugs
    Desire

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful card! I love the butterfly with the gloss on it!! The sketch is great too!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This card is so wonderful but that butterfly knocks my socks off...now my feet are cold! :0) Great Job!
    Stamping Hugs,
    Shirley

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card, gorgeous butterfly.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Did you say FLY BUTTERFLY FLY!. This is just so darn cute. The colors are so lovely, esp w/the paper u used in the background.What
    a neat card!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is gorgeous! I love, love, love what you did with the butterfly. AWESOME JOB!

    ReplyDelete