Pages

Thursday, February 16, 2012

Kitty Card!

Today the Impression Obsession Team is showing off cards to just say Hello! You can always play along with our Challenges, find all the details on the IO BlogSee what all the ladies created this week:
 The expression on the little cat is too darling... looks like he would be trouble! And the expression on the Momma cat looks like she is resigned to just dealing with her little trouble maker! Of course you know I love the kitty cats and was thrilled to see this image in the new release. A great image just to say hello to another kitty person! 
 Here are the Copics I used to color the image. I know the colors are not traditional kitty colors but I wanted them to stand out from each other and try some different colors out for fur.
With the shading provided in the image these are much easier to color, rather than having just an open space with no hairs/shading. Not an artist here... so it's a always a big help to me when I color if the real artist (Gail Green created this image) gives me some hints or guidelines to suggest darker and lighter areas for my colors. The cats are a larger image, so just simply framed and added a few mats, keeping the embellishments to a minimum on this one. Finished card size is an A2.

  • Stamps: by Impression Obsession - F7669 Cat and Kitten, A3759 Hello
  • Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Memento Rich Cocoa
  • Paper: Misc. DP, Brown, Neenah Classic Crest Natural White 
  • Other: Bow Easy Tool, Perfect Layers Rulers, Jute String, Marth Stewart Border Punch, Spellbinder's Ovals and Scalloped Ovals, Copics, Adhesive Crystals

10 comments:

  1. This is gorgeous and the colouring so masterfully done.
    Hugs
    Desire

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your coloring brought these kitties alive!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card Jenny ! The colouring is perfect and I love those kitties... we have 2 cats as well... maybe I need this stamp ?

    ReplyDelete
  4. THUD!!! Stunning......your colouring is AMAZING!

    V

    ReplyDelete
  5. Absolutely FANTASTIC coloring/shading! Wow.....
    qkk

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your card Jenny! The way you captured the color on the cats is just stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very pretty, Jenny! And oh my - those eyes!!! Beautifully done - thanks for sharing...

    ReplyDelete
  8. WOWZERS! These cats look so real because of the great coloring, I'm thinking my Sloopy would actually bark at those kitties!

    I like those crystals along the die as well. Nice and dotty card!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Really cute card! I like the colors you used for the cat and the little kitten is so cute! Great job! Thanks for sharing!

    Katie B.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm just scrolling through your cards and am in awe of how you did the shading on the kitty! WOW!

    ReplyDelete