Pages

Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Happy Shamrock Day

Another St. Patrick's Day card for today. I used paper from the Kaisercraft Chapter One paper pad for this one, mixing a few different patterns together. I used SPellbinder's Grand Labels Large to create the card base, and used the same size die to cut another layer to completely cover the card front.
Here are the Copic Markers I used to color the image. Below you can see the full image to see how I cut it up and changed it up a little bit. 


I changed up the image a little but, stamping the sentiment by itself and cutting it out with a circle nestie. I carefully cut out around the hill line and the hat. Then I added some cut out clovers back above the hat popped up with foam tape.
Here is the finished card. I used Crackle Accents on the hat band and buckle. A few Swarovski Crystals for a bit of sparkle on the clovers. The top of the hill image is popped up with foam tape, as well as the cut out clovers. The bottom of the hill panel is glued flat. A full tutorial for this card will be up on the Outlines website later this week.

5 comments:

  1. Just beautiful. Loving the green combo and the cute little shamrock flowers falling out of the hat.
    Hugs
    Desire

    ReplyDelete
  2. A really well constructed card Jenny...colors all go well together and the theme carries throughout. Shamrocks are so cute and coming out of the hat is just way cute. Your coloring leaves me in awe. Thanks for sharing. ekc

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun card!!! So festive and perfect for St. Patrick's Day!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well Blarney stone all over again...another great one!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous dimension and image. FAB ST. Patty's creation.

    ReplyDelete