Pages

Sunday, February 19, 2012

Calla Lilies

I used the two smallest sizes from Spellbinder's Grand Labels One to make the card base and the blue layer. I think the Grand Size Nesties have to be in my top ten of products. I love the idea of using them for shaped cards, changing card making completely from our traditional square and rectangle card shapes! The moment I saw this stamp I wanted to color it immediately. I loved this image!
I am really really liking these new Copic Greens, G46 and G43! I have been reaching for them over and over whenever I am coloring any leaves. The flowers remain white basically, so very easy to color this image, or not color it in this case! To make the white of the flowers stand out I added BG000 to the background.
After I added the bow and the card was assembled I added Glossy Accents to the flower edges, basically outlining them. In the light that little glossy edge makes the flowers really stand out, but it does not show up well in the picture.
  • Stamps: by Northwoods Rubber Stamps - PP8490 Calla Lilies
  • Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black
  • Paper: DP by My Mind's Eye - 12x12 #291119 Blue Stash Paper/Fresh Beauty Summer Dress, Neenah Classic Crest Solar White, Mustard card stock
  • Other: Mustard Ribbon by May Arts, Bow Easy Tool, Copics, Spellbinder's Grand Labels One LF-161, Glossy Accents

6 comments:

  1. Perfection. That's what that is. I LOVE THIS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty...oh so love that ribbon too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely stunning colouring of the lilly flowers.
    Hugs
    Desire

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for showing the copic markers with your card so we can save it for future reference. a lovely card with beautiful lillies.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a stunning card Jenny ! Just love the colours and how you've combined all the elements. Beautiful image. Have a great day! Shirley

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous flowers! You really know how to use those Copic makers!!!

    ReplyDelete