Pages

Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Blog Hopping with Serendipity!

Today the Serendipity Design Team is showing off BRAND NEW  COORDINATING STAMPS AND DIES! We are having a Blog Hop to introduce them to you today and you have a chance to win them for yourself too! Hop around and leave a comment on all the blogs and two winners will be chosen from the comments each winning a complete set of stamps and dies for the Heart or the Easter Egg
The winners will be announced on the Serendipity Blog on Monday, March 5th.
Here's the hop order for today... 
Jenny -----> You are HERE!

And now on my project... 
I actually took pictures as I was working to give you a mini tutorial on the card I made.

 I paired the Easter Egg Dies up with this cute little rabbit stamp. I'm still addicted to making shaped cards... so again I pulled out my Spellbinder's Grand Dies to create the card base and several layers.

LEFT: put a piece of wide Scor-Pal Tape on to card stock. Cut the solid Egg shape. 
RIGHT: Cut the Scroll Egg Die using pink paper. You can see the die cut nice and clean. I use a Grand Calibur Die Cut Machine and no shims to cut this.


Remove the protective covering from the Scor-Pal Solid Egg Shape, revealing the sticky surface. Add the scroll pink die cut directly over the adhesive. The open areas are still sticky, so be careful not to touch them or get anything stuck! 

 Next, I added Transparent Micro-Fine Glitter to the Egg. Above you can see that I liberally dumped some glitter over the egg. I used my finger to push the glitter in to all of the open areas. The glitter immediately grabs to the adhesive.

 After completely covering and rubbing the glitter in to all the open adhesive areas, use a hard bristled brush to help remove any stray glitter. 

 Above you can see that I stamped the little rabbit and cut it out with a Circle Nestie. I airbrushed a little BG23 while the paper was still in the die. I also added my piercing while the paper was still in the die, using the inside edge as my guide to stay neat. I used an Xacto Knife to cut out the little rabbit paw. I lifted the paw edge up and tucked the egg under it.

 Now on to the coloring. Since the egg will be covering up the right side, I didn't bother coloring that area. You can see the Copics I used in the above picture. 

 I added the cute "Somebunny" sentiment on the inside.

You can see I added a few more details to the front of the card.... Adhesive Gems, Bow and Glossy Accents over the Eyes and Nose. The bunny circle is popped up with foam tape to raise it up a little higher. All of the paper is from Jillibean's new 6s6 paper pad - Southern Chicken Dumpling Soup---adorable little Easter patterns!!!

Remember to leave a comment below on this post for a chance to win and continue on hopping! Here's the order again...
Jenny -----> You are HERE!



  • Stamps by Serendipity Stamps: #1244E - Rabbit with Carrot, #1254 DCL Egg Scroll Stamp and Die Set, #1243D Somebunny loves you
  • Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black
  • Paper: All printed paper from Jillibean - Southern Chicken Dumpling Soup 6x6 paper pad, Neenah Classic Crest Solar White, Pink DP by Bo Bunny
  • Other: Spellbinders Circles, Spellbinder's Grand Circles, Spellbinder's Grand Scalloped Circles, Copics, Bow Easy Tool, Foam Tape, Micro Fine Transparent Glitter, Ribbon by SU, Piercing Tool, Glossy Accents, Foam Tape

41 comments:

  1. Aww..so sweet! Love the glitter on the egg!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ADORABLE card!!! LOVE everything about it!!! Thank you for making the tutorial showing HOW you cut and put it all together! To us VISUAL learners, that is invaluable!! I love how you cut the paw and inserted the egg!! Beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This reminds me of the beautiful sugar eggs my grandmother used to make! She was a wonderful artist too. Love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous egg and cute bunny holding it. Love the way you've put it all together. The glitter really adds to it. Edna

    ReplyDelete
  5. This little bunny is adorable. You did a beautiful job coloring him and on making the card.

    ReplyDelete
  6. what an adorable card. someone is going to be really tickled to receive this one.
    Cathy R.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just the cutest!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is absolutely adorable and thsnks for the little tutorial too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for all the details. This makes a wonderful First East card for my new granddaughter--I better get started!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Adorable card! So cute! Thanks for a wonderful opportunity!

    ReplyDelete
  11. That is so precious. The egg fits in there like it was made for it. And i love the idea of filling the open spaces with glitter. Great card...great ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Jenny - You very clever lady!! I love the bunny holding the egg - just brilliant! The sparkle on the egg is fab and your coloring is perfection!

    ReplyDelete
  13. What an awesome, awesome creation. I just love the new 'toys'.

    ReplyDelete
  14. What an awesome, awesome creation. I just love the new 'toys'.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love the glitter! Very cute card

    ReplyDelete
  16. Really like the way you used the egg. thanks for sharing your ideas & style.

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is just to beautiful and sweet. The glitter lends the prefect touch. Soft and full of spring loveliness. :)

    Sar Tann

    ReplyDelete
  18. Super, super, super adorable! The bunny looks so real!

    ReplyDelete
  19. What a cute and sweet card! Thank you for showing how to use the dies. Just like it more. I hope...

    Yours
    Christine S

    ReplyDelete
  20. How adorable!! I love that the card is round, the colors are so springy and the trick for the glitter is great. Very nice!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Your card is so cute and well thought out. Terrific job. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Such a pretty card! Love how you cut the paw out to slide the egg underneath. So clever!

    ReplyDelete
  23. love the bunny card. It's my grandson's 1st Easter so it reminds me of him!!!

    ReplyDelete
  24. So stinking cute Jenny! Don't you just love these dies and micro fine glitter combo?

    ReplyDelete
  25. thank you for showing a novice some of the techniques that you used to make this beautiful card

    ReplyDelete
  26. This is adorable! Wish I had applied the glitter like you did! Love the scalloped round card and DSP too.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Wow. I love this card. Shaped cards are my favorites and this one is no exception. Thank you so much for the great tutorial, that little egg looks so great all sparkly. You are such a good colorer! That bunny is shaded perfectly. Just a great card today.

    ReplyDelete
  28. What a sweet card. Love the new dies and the egg works so well with the cute rabbit.

    ReplyDelete
  29. Adorable bunny! The new dies are gorgeous! Blessings! Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  30. Adorable! Thanks for showing all the steps. Really like the addition of the glitter. Love this new die!

    ReplyDelete
  31. Absolutely beautiful! I am a follower, I love your work. The bunny holding the egg is beautiful. I just ordered the bunny and the word stamp set. I hope I win the egg to use with it! Thanks for the opportunity to win.

    ReplyDelete
  32. What a sweet little card...love the detailed instructions!

    ReplyDelete
  33. What a darling card! Glitter sure makes a lovely Easter egg.

    ReplyDelete
  34. Lovely shape, super adorable image and fun techniques for a gogeous creation.

    ReplyDelete
  35. This is such a cute card! Thank you for the tutorial and for explaining about the Scoretape on cardstock to make a sticky background for the glitter under the beautiful scrolled egg.

    ReplyDelete
  36. So sweet! Love the glitter too!
    Carrie C

    ReplyDelete
  37. Cute,cute,cute. Thanks for the tutorial on putting your creation together.

    ReplyDelete
  38. I love glitter~you are a master designer with your perfect coloring and shading. Thanks for the ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  39. Oh my word, Jenny! This is adorable! ADORABLE! You knock my socks off with each and every creation.

    ReplyDelete