Pages

Monday, January 23, 2012

Wintery Blue

The Outlines DT is showing off cards with the color theme of "Feeling BLUE" today! You can play along with us each week for a chance to win a gift certificate, find all the details on the Outlines Blog. Check out what BLUE creations the ladies came up with this week:

 With the theme of BLUE for the challenge today, I went with a soft wintery blue. I thought this Flower Medallion image might make a fun faux snowflake. I stamped the "snowflake" twice on blue pattern paper from Bo Bunny's Welcome Home 6x6 paper pad. I cut the layers out and then hand cut a white on both of them. I used Spellbinder's Postage Nesties for one of the layers and also the Grand Scallop Squares for the card base.
I used my Japanese Screw Punch to add holes around the Postage Nestie. I used a large craft needle and threaded bakers twine around the layers. After layering the medallions with foam tape I added a sparkly button topped with a little twine bow in the center to of the card, under the button I added a little die cut white snowflake. It needed just a little more sparkle so a few Swarovski Clear Crystals around the snowflake points took care of that.

7 comments:

  1. Jeepers Creepers wow-za wow-za wow
    The card looks like snow, and then
    again such a lovely card should be in a museum. It's creative colors shapes, desings w/in a design. I say did U happen 2 go around more than once when the Creative Spirit
    was Sprinkling out FairyDusting?
    Your cards are all so beautiful.TY for sharing<(^O^)>

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous card! and I love the twine!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This card is so beautiful ! The soft blue is very calming. I love the Mandala/Flower stamps and own many of them !

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful card! Love the softness that the pale blue and bakers twine adds! Hugs, antonella :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This card is stunning Jenny. You amaze me girl with all these wonderful details and how you manage to bring them all together so beautifully. You amaze me!

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW! This is such a cool card. I like your use of twine...just the perfect stitching. And the crystals just knock this card out of the park.

    ReplyDelete