Pages

Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Valentine

The Serendipity Design Team is showing of Valentines cards today with a little twist. We could only use white and the card had to have dry embossing too. CHeck out what we all came up with for the challenge: 
Amy -  Kathie - Miriam Jeanne - Sue
 We were to use all white and only white, the only color allowed was on the stamped images. AND it was a challenge for me! Good to challenge yourself every once in awhile. I tried to use dimension and texture to jazz it up a little bit. 
Here are the Copics I used to color the image. I used two circle nesties and popped the circles over the top edge of the card. Since it was all white and only white, I thought a different shape of a card would help make it more interesting. I also used a corner rounder on the four corners of the tent style card base.

  • Stamps: all stamps by Serendipity - 421G Heart with Roses, 319D Happy Valentine
  • Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Versafine Crimson Red
  • Paper: Neenah Classic Crest Solar White
  • Other: White 1/8" RIbbon by SU, Bow Easy Tool, Sizzix Embossing Folder, Copic Markers, Spellbinder's Circle Nesties

12 comments:

  1. Jenny WOW An Angel would be brought 2 tears if this card would B given 2 them..Oh but rthat's right U R going 2 give this 2 an Angel, Ur ANGEL right? Time 4 u 2 do the HAPPY DANCE!<(^O*)>lu

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it ! The white makes the image pop and shows off your amazing colouring ! Beautiful image & design. Have a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Jenny, this is gorgeous. Your image is jus lovely and the white on white is so powerful. Such a pretty card!

    Hope you are doing well.

    Hugs,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  4. Perfectly stunning! Great card!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so beautiful Jenny! Love the embossing you chose - makes me think of a white trellis with roses. You're always so good at combining elements!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Jenny!
    I know I rarely if ever comment but I just had to with this card. It is so stunning! Simply lovely! Your coloring is so detailed and just plain perfect!
    Although I don't always comment, I want you to know I have be a subscriber for a while and NEVER miss a post!
    Thank you for sharing your talent! Your blog is one of my very favorites!
    Stamping hugs,
    Shirley

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful Jenny! We used similar images for our cards! I like your stronger colors better.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Incredibly elegant Jenny! I just love the embossing folder you chose. It is the perfect touch.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What beautifully colored roses, Jenny! Nicely done!

    ReplyDelete