Pages

Monday, January 2, 2012

a sweet start to the new year.......

Happy New Year! 
I'm back after taking a little blog break for the Holidays! Today starts off the New Year with a Sketch Challenge from Outlines. As always, you are invited to play along with us for a chance to win a $25 Gift Certificate. Find all the details of how to play at the Outlines Blog.
Check out what the team created with this sketch:
AND today we welcome Julie Warner to the team!
Love having a sketch to spark the first idea! I covered the entire card front with the DP and then started adding the layers. The Sketchy Cupcake image actually has some balloons and confetti too, but I only inked up the cupcake and sentiment for this one.
Above are the Copic Markers I used to color the sweet treat. I used BG10 to add a little glow around the outside of the image.
After coloring the image I used an embossing folder to add texture to the entire image panel. I dabbed a little glitter on the candle flame using the Viva Glitter Pen. Along the scallops I added a few Swarovski Crystals to brighten things up with a bit of sparkle! Finished card size is an A2.

10 comments:

  1. What a beautiful card! I love the fact that if you change the colors it could be a boys card (unfortunately, we get invited to all the boys parties so I have a a difficult time with coming up with ideas - lol)!
    Hugs,
    Antonella :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a happy card ! Thanks for sharing, Jenny.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautifully colored cupcake. Loving the crystals along that scalloped edge too. Great texture, I could go on and on...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful, Jenny! Love these colors on your yummy cupcake. The texture and dp are just wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So pretty...you always add an extra touch to wow me. Love how you embossed this image...and that cherry...looks like real maraschino to this cherry girl! Pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your cheery card. Your coloring is great and I love the image! You did a wonderful job!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your card is so cute! I like the texture from the embossing and the row of blings down the scallops.
    Thanks for sharing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the look of this - through the embossing folder after coloring! Nice!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your card. It has such pretty colors. I do like the
    embossing folder after the image has been colored. I've seen it but haven't tried it, yet. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  10. So pretty! I love the embossed texture over the colored image! It adds such an interesting dimension!

    ReplyDelete