Pages

Thursday, January 12, 2012

Sweet and Simple

 A sweet and simple little Valentine's card today. I used Spellbinder's Labels 1 to frame the sentiment and then hand cut the pink and black layer.
 You can see the Copics I used to color the roses. I colored each rose completely with the lighter pink, then I went back and did the detail coloring with the darker pink. I airbrushed the sentiment panel with R85.
 I added a band around the center of the card, after embossing with a CB folder. I used a Clear Viva Pearl Pen to add random swirls over each rose. The Viva pen dries clear and glossy and keeps the raised dimension. After it is dried the glossy shine definitely catches the eye.
You can see in this pic that the Clear Viva Pearl Pen dried clear, but it does not show off the shine or dimension very well. I added layers to the card using Perfect Layers Rulers - 1/16" and 1/18" edges. Christmas is over and it's time to make some Valentines! Be sure and check out the Valentine's Day Section from Impression Obsession!

6 comments:

  1. Hi Jenny, Love the elegance of this card. Thanks for the details that you always take time to include. I was looking at the label (before reading) wondering what set that was and now realize you hand-cut some of them ! Great idea ! Love the masking as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really pretty! Love the rose background! Great idea to do the swirls, it really adds another interesting detail! Thanks for sharing.

    Katie B.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty! Love the Viva and the pretty layers that you used to show off your sentiment.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am going to have to look for one of those pens! Terrific effect! Love your pretty card!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so simple and elegant. Love it!
    PH

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous, love those flowers and the clear accents over it.

    ReplyDelete