Pages

Monday, January 9, 2012

Snowman Scene

The Outlines DT is showing off cards with the theme of Winter Wonderland today! You can play along with us each week for a chance to win a gift certificate, find all the details on the Outlines Blog. Check out what wintery treats the ladies came up with this week:
 I used the Snowman Scene image to cut out a small square featuring the snowman.
 I stamped the image in Memento London Fog Grey ink. I did outline some of the image with a black fine tip marker, adding a little more definition. Above you can see the Copics I used to color the image.
Lots of layers made quickly with the Perfect Layer Rulers. I hand cut the little banner and attached a little button and jute string bow. I added some white stitch marks along the outside edge using a White Signo Gel Pen.

7 comments:

  1. I love snowmen and love this card! The colors, layers and button with jute are such nice touches. But most of all the "stitching" detail you added with the white signo pen(must have item) just makes this card. What a great job. I really enjoy your blog and look forward to your next creation!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful snowman! Love the colors and layers. Your copic coloring is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your snowman, Jenny! The framing almost makes it look like it's in one of those floating frames. Great colors!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cute! I like the idea of stamping the whole image in gray and then using a fine tipped marker to add just a bit more definition where you want it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW! What a creative idea to use a pen to outline the image! I've always loved this image, but I really like how you can change it with something so simple! Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am now kicking myself for not yet owning this image. You have totally sold it to me...I've been watching you with this image. You do some amazing coloring with it. I LOVE how you outlined it with a pen. Duh!

    You rock!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love, love, love your snowman!!! Your coloring is fabulous!!!!

    ReplyDelete