Pages

Monday, January 16, 2012

Love is in the Air...

The Outlines DT is showing off cards with the theme of "Love is in the Air" today! You can play along with us each week for a chance to win a gift certificate, find all the details on the Outlines Blog. Check out what wintery treats the ladies came up with this week:

 A fun and quick image to color for a whimsical Valentine card. Polka dot paper(s) always works for almost any card... in my opinion... and I thought the dots in the paper repeated the pattern of dots in the image too. Since the image was long and lean it left space for some ribbon extras! I use ScorPal tape to hold ribbon bands to cards.. holds it beautifully and I tuck the end in between a layer. The other little ribbon loops on this card are secured in the middle with a dab of Ultimate Glue.
 Above are the Copics I used for this card. You can see I stamped the image a second time and cut out a few elements to be popped up. I used Dimensional Silicone to pop them up. You can see the extra pieces added on to the card in the picture below.
I added some (not very even) piercing around the edge of the image and popped the panel up using foam tape. You can certainly dress this image up with crystals and pearls too, my coloring was pretty dark and I thought it had enough going on with the ribbon and bow along the side. Finished card size is an A2.

3 comments:

  1. Love this, Jenny! The vibrant red and polka dots are so much fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, they say great minds think alike, LOL!

    I love the dimension you achieved on this by popping up those hearts. And I like your red, pink, black color scheme.

    And, for the record, I see even paper piercing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is always all the special little details you add to highlight your image that make your cards so outstanding Jenny!

    ReplyDelete