Pages

Thursday, January 5, 2012

Hearts and Flowers

The Impression Obsession team is all about Hearts and Flowers today. That's the challenge... hearts and or flowers somewhere on your card. I got 'em both... plus a cute cat! As always you can play along and WIN, check out the Impression Obsession Blog for all the details. See what the team created today: DinaJulieJeanneLauraVickiDaniela 

I used the out of the box technique to frame the kitty. You can see the Copics I used to color the image. It is a quick and easy image to color because there is already so much shading in the stamp itself. I did use a black Micron pen to outline the little heart frame glasses... I wanted them to stand out a little more and outlining them helped that.
 The layers are all popped up with foam tape. After I added everything to the card, I used Copic Opaque White and a small paintbrush to add some white hairs back in to the cat fur. I used a Viva White Pearl Pen to add a pearl center to each flower. On the sunglasses I added a little Glossy Accents to add a little shine.
I used a piece of pattern paper and stamped the sentiment on the inside panel of the card. I used a marker to color the heart red. Finished card is an A2.

10 comments:

  1. Such a cute image and great card!! Love the framing and coloring of the cat!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fabulous card!!! The image of the cat totally makes me smile and I just love how you framed him!!! Fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my....u do not have to be a cat lover to adore this card!! It is fabulous Jenny. You are so clever and it inspires me so much, ty. evette

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG!! This is sooo cute. I love cats.
    Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh My Gosh, Jenny!!! Big smile here! This is just too too cute for words, lady!!! Awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Now, this is one happy card! Love it, Jenny! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh My I laughed out loud when this one popped up in front of me! Super!

    ReplyDelete
  8. OMGoodness How Adorable! Just love your Sweet little kitty cat in her sunglasses! Can't help but smile! Such a Wonderful card! thanks as always for the inspiration!

    Happy 2012!

    Hugs
    Shannon

    ReplyDelete
  9. "Meow!" - What a totally adorable card.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh so, so cute! Merry Christmas and Happy New Year, see you soon!
    Starr

    ReplyDelete