Pages

Thursday, January 19, 2012

Heart Bee Hive

The Impression Obsession Team is showing off Oldies but Goodies today. Can't wait to see what everyone pulled from their stash to ink up for today. As always you can play along with a chance to win a gift certificate, check out all the details on the Impression Obsession Blog. Here are links to all the fun eye candy for today:
 I pulled out this fun beehive heart image and sat down to color. AND yes... needle and thread were used. The image was larger, so I wanted to do a little extra embellishing to dress it up. I pierced the holes and then hand stitched around the rectangle. 
 I airbrushed the background with RV34. I used the E 40's to color the hive and then added Y23 over it to give it a touch of yellow and brighten it up a little bit. 
I used Perfect Layers Rulers to add all the layers to my card. I added a little sparkle to the bee's wings. One the center of the flower and also the little red dots I added Viva Glass Effects Gel Pen to give it shine. 

8 comments:

  1. Jeepers Creepers Wow-Za Wow-Za wow
    I've often wondered if the stiching is done on machine of by hand, as you R showing U do, How do you keep the stiches so straight
    and the same size?Very nice colors
    too. Lucky recipient!<(^O*)>

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so impressed with your hand stitching! Your card is wonderful - thanks for sharing, and for being such an inspiration! Hugs...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the image, your coloring and what a neat stitching job-so very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your coloring techniques! You added such depth with your shading.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jenny, I'm an ardent admirer of your coloring and design details. This is super sweet. Love how those little bees look so busy, like they are sharing their love with the whole hive! Thanks for sharing your oldie but goodie card!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love all your cards. You do beautiful work!
    Paula Huiras

    ReplyDelete
  7. Totally impressed with your stitching and airbrushing on this card!!!

    ReplyDelete