Pages

Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Happy New Year!

 Honestly, I have no idea what color the blossoms on pear trees are, but I wanted a little pink on my card.... inspired by the little pink spot on the DP in the bottom right corner. So for me, the blossoms are pink today to match that tiny pink spot. I did google it just now and pear blossoms are only WHITE. The Flourishes Bring Back Beautiful Challenge is "The Beauty of Bling"... requiring pearls or crystals to embellish. Easy Peasy! You can see the green pearls that are around the frame's edges. I had yet to play with the pear set and I have been itching to color these pears since they arrived! I pulled out an older Spellbinder's set S5-011 Scalloped Edge Frames to layer with my image.
 Here are the Copics I used. I used the greys to add a shadow around the edges. I'm not entirely sure I am pleased with my pear colors. I think they turned out more Granny Smith Apple Green than the color of a pear. I did add some YG91 in the pears, and it does not show up in the pic very well, but I think I need more brown in the mix. I usually google images to kind of get a sense of what colors to pull, but I thought I could do a pear on my own! Hmmm. 
I hand cut the little New Year Banner and added DImensional Silicone to pop it up. I used pale ivory embroidery floss for my bow, adding color by dragging a Copic R22 over before I tied it. A few 1/16" edge layers to the image, created with Perfect Layer Rulers. I did use a little foam tape to lift up the frame and pears, finish things off.

  • Stamps: all stamps by FLourishes - Pears, Holiday Greetings
  • Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Versafine Onyx Black
  • Paper: Misc. Peach DP, Misc. Green DP, Metallic Charcoal card stock, Neenah Classic Crest Natural White
  • Other: Bow Easy Tool, Embroidery Floss, Copics, Perfect Layer Rulers, Foam Tape, Dimensional Silicone, Button by Basic Grey, Adhesive Grey Pearls

10 comments:

  1. Wow! Your colouring is stunning and the layout is wonderful with the vertical tag.
    Smiles,
    Lesley

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jenny, this is such a beautiful card, love the colours ! Your colouring is always so perfect ! I'm pretty sure you are close to the 'actual' colour of pear blossoms ! Happy New Year !

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your card is beautiful and your coloring is wonderful. If we're going to stretch our imaginations enough to believe pear trees are blooming at the same time that they have fully grown pears we can certainly believe that those blooms are pink!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy New Year!
    Very pretty. Your coloring is fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So pretty-love the pink blooms and your coloring-nice!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really like the colors on this. I never eat pears, but I do like this card. I like the banner too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. this is beautiful with such a pretty color combo!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really like your card! I don't know what color pear blossoms are either but I think the pink you used makes for a lovely card!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am loving this card! You are such a great artist, I can't wait to see what the rest of the year brings!
    Starr

    ReplyDelete
  10. STUNNING!!!! Looooove your colouring and the framing is gorgeous with the bling accents!!!

    ReplyDelete