Pages

Friday, January 27, 2012

Be Mine Valentine

 The challenge at the Cheery Lynn Designs Blog this week is Challenge 12 - Dry Embossing...so I thought I would make a fun little Valentine with this Cheery Lynn Celtic Heart Die and play along this week. No Copics here today, just simple stamping, die cuts and a layers. I cut the heart die and then glued it to white paper, carefully trimming around the edges of the red heart. I used two layers of foam tape to adhere the heart, since the bow was larger, the heart needed a little extra to be at the same level.
 I glued the white and red card stock to the printed paper and then stuck it halfway in the embossing folder... embossing the pattern up to the printed paper line. I added a black mat after I embossed the panel. Next, I used a band of 1/4" Scor Pal tape to wrap the twine around the panel. The panel is then popped up on to a white card base. I added the adhesive strip jewels around the heart border, easy to bend an entire strip in the heart shape. Glued a little floppy twine bow and topped it with a pearl to finish it off.

10 comments:

  1. Wow! I love this vivid red colour! Its just gorgeous! Thanks for joining in the fun at Cheery Lynn Designs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jenny, this is absolutely gorgeous!! I am totaly in love with this Cheery Lynn Designs heart and awesome design of your card! Hugs and blessings, Sabrina

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Jenny, your card is really lovely, the colours look gorgeous, as does the embossing and die cuts. Thanks for taking part in this weeks challenge over at Cheery Lynn Designs.

    ReplyDelete
  4. gorgeous card!
    Thanks for joining the Cheery Lynn Designs challenge this week!
    Love from France, Kianel.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Uh-Oh...here I go posting comments on two posts in a row! LOL You are really hitting them out of the ball park! This card is by far my favorite Valentine I have seen so far this year!!! What a great job!
    TFS!
    Stamping hugs,
    Shirley

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous card, Jenny. Love the little gems on the heart, very classy. So nice to see you join in on the fun at Cheery Lynn Designs challenge blog.

    ReplyDelete
  7. hi can i ask how do you cut the outer heart shape of the celtic heart without cutting the inner shapes?

    ReplyDelete