Pages

Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Winter Snowmen

Today the Serendipity Team is showing off Simple Christmas Cards. 
Check out what all the ladies came up with: 
 Amy - Anya - Kathie - Miriam
A few layers and it it looks a little busy... but simple it is! I added the snowflake border on the top and the bottom of the image. Then I popped the image up with foam tape to add a little dimension.
 Here are the two Copics I used to color the background. I colored right over the snow flurries.... using the Colorless Blender pen to go back and make them white in the end.
 I used some light grey tones to add some subtle shadows in the snow. Also since I was using kraft card stock, I added E42 in the mix with most of the colors, toning the brightness down a bit.
I used Perfect Layers Rulers to add 1/16" edge borders on the image and the kraft snowflake panel. Finished card is an A2. I used the Corner Chomper to round the card's corners.
  • StampsSnowman Trio #1251H by Serendipity Stamps
  • Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black
  • Paper: Kraft, Red, Neenah Classic Crest Solar White
  • Other: Memory Box Frostyville Border, Maraschino Twine from The Twinery, Snowflake CB Folder, Perfect Layers Rulers, Misc. Button, Foam Tape, Bow Easy Tool

14 comments:

  1. Great coloring as always, and I love the white diecut!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute, cute image and great coloring! Merry Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This card is so cute. I appreciate the details you give of how you created the color, etc.

    Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! Very beautiful, Jenny. That swirly bit behind the image is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So gorgeous Jenny! Love that you toned down the colors to go with the Kraft paper - you're attention to detail is amazing! Now - if it would only snow here!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I loved your card so much Jenny, I went and ordered the stamp! I love this card.
    Merry Christmas
    Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  7. So cute Jenny. I love those darling snowmen. You do a wonderful job showing the colors you use. :)
    Hugs~

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your snowmen are adorable. The coloring is spot on and I love the little snowflake flourishes poking out! Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your snowmen are adorable. The coloring is spot on and I love the little snowflake flourishes poking out! Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  10. You are something else!! Your card is so fun, Christmas, and lovely!.....and you are using the Memory Box dies that I just love!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love this, ESP the coloring and snow die cut! Never did use mine....

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great card!!!! Love those snowmen!!!
    Are you going to be at the stamp convention in Laweranceville (Heirloom Pro)? I am thinking of going this year - it has been a couple years since I have been.....

    ReplyDelete
  13. WOW!!! What a great card! I am absolutely loving that Memory Box die!

    ReplyDelete