Pages

Monday, December 12, 2011

Bright and Shiny

Today, the Outlines Team is showing of bright and shiny creations!
Play along with the team this week. 
Find out all the challenge details on the Outlines Blog.
Check out what everyone came up with today:

 Bright and Shiny was our theme this week.... I started with all metallic papers.
I used the blank gift card template stamp (below) to create the red frame. I cut the inside of the frame out and then flipped it over so the stamped lines did not show. I glued it to the white card stock and then ran it through a Cuttlebug Folder... so the two pieces kind of melded together after embossing.

I used 1/16" Rainbow Tape to add the black and white lines adding a little extra detailing. I heat embossed the tree and then.... BLING, BLING, BLING... lotsa crystals! I had this yellow star crystal in my stash which was perfect to add right on top. I used foam tape to raise the tree up a bit. Finished card is an A2. Traditional colors and a super easy layout for this card!

3 comments:

  1. Wow - cool card! I love your technique of melding the two colors together with an embossing folder....your creativity is not good on my checking account!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loving how you used the gift card template! WOW!!!

    And those beautiful crystals too.

    What a wonderful holiday card!

    ReplyDelete