Pages

Monday, November 14, 2011

Winter Kitty

Monday brings another round of cards from the Prickley Pear Design Team. 
Check out what the ladies created this week over at the Prickley Pear Blog.
 My card opens at the bottom tent style.... an easy little winter card made up of layers and a few embellishments.... and of course a KITTY! This is an older image from Prickley Pear Rubber stamps but has always been one of my all time favorite kitty stamps!
 I stamped Scribble Kitty and cut it out with Spellbinder's Labels 7. I added a frame with a fine tip black pen along the inside edge of the Nestie. I stamped a second kitty image on Eclipse Tape and cut it out. I covered the original kitty with my mask and the sponged Tim Holtz's Evergreen Bough ink over the panel. I also sponged along the edges of the ivory panels and also the card base edges.
After taking the mask off, I added a few small touches of color to the kitty with Copics -- C2, E42, RV63 and 0 Blender. I added a little holiday bow to his neck, adding it on with a dab of Ultimate Glue. All of the straight line layers were done with Perfect Layers Rulers.

3 comments:

  1. SO adorable, Jenny! That kitty image just makes me smile. Love the masking you did and the layered die cuts. Really fun and sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a darling card. You know you have me hooked when you use cute kitty images and this one is just that. Great colors, wonderful layering and pretty embellishments.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Going to pull out my evergreen ink pad and st nick paper! You've inspired me! He is my favorite kitty!

    ReplyDelete