Pages

Monday, November 7, 2011

Snowman Tower!

Today the Outlines Team has an Inspiration Photo to work with for the challenge.
As always you can play along with us for a chance to win $25! 
Check out all the rules on the Outlines Blog.
See what everyone created this week:
 I drew inspiration from the colors in the picture, showing off this Snowman Tower in bright and happy tones.
 I stamped the Snowman Tower in Memento Tuxedo Black. I used Spellbinder's Deckled Mega Rectangles to cut it out. I traced the inside edge of the die with a Micron Black pen. I added a yellow glow around the image before I colored it and you can see the Copics that I used in the above picture.
 Here is the image after I finished coloring, along with the Copics I used. Coloring the die edge green is a great way to add the illusion of another border layer.
I added several embellishing touches to my snowmen.... I used the Viva Holo Iridescent Glitter Pen to add shimmer. I added a few drops of it and then used my finger to make it flat rubbing it around the snowmen bodies. A Viva Ice White Pearl Pen to add some dimension on the snowman hat. To add some dimension to the eyes and mouth... I created a pool of the Black Pearl Pen on scrap piece of paper and used a toothpick to dip it in and then apply small dots of pearl pen. Light Sapphire Size 9 Crystals on the hanging star string... for a little bling! This was the first time I had used the Glitter pen, flattening the glitter out like this and I really liked the result!

17 comments:

  1. Wow, wow, wow! This is gorgeous! And SO fun, too! I LOVE your coloring. You are amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh love those colors for the snowmen. Great card and stamp. Gives me inspiration as I have ribbon that color I don't know what to do with it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The colors you choose are beautiful! Adding the touch of glitter as snow on the snowman is really a lovely touch!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fun card!!! The colors are absolutely fabulous and I totally love the snowman!!! Absoluetly fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fantastic card!!! I love your sunny fun colors translated with these snowy friends!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So cheerful and cute! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! This is so cute and fun. Love the cheery and unexpected colors for this adorable snowman scene. Such a happy card.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! This is so cute and fun. Love the cheery and unexpected colors for this adorable snowman scene. Such a happy card.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow! This is so cute and fun. Love the cheery and unexpected colors for this adorable snowman scene. Such a happy card.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow! This is so cute and fun. Love the cheery and unexpected colors for this adorable snowman scene. Such a happy card.

    ReplyDelete
  11. You made some serious lemonade out of the lemons in that inspiration photo! REALLY cute card! Love the way you did the glitter - I'll have to try that!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh my!!! What an adorable card and the colors are sensational!! Love the pearly fur too!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh wow! Thanksgiving gorgeous!! Love the colors, the die cut and how you layered your leaves too!

    ReplyDelete
  14. This card rocks! The colors are so great...you totally made the inspiration photo work for you! I adore the glitter work too. LOVE THIS CARD!

    ReplyDelete