Pages

Wednesday, November 23, 2011

She's Gone Country

Today the Serendipity Team theme is "She's Gone Country" and water coloring too...... No Copics.... did you hear my scream of anguish??? 
And a country girl.... I'm not either... a challenge all around for me on this card.
Check out what the others came up with today:
Amy - Anya - Kathie - Miriam - Linda  
 After sitting in traffic for over an hour Tuesday night (to travel 12 miles) I came home to get started...  I read the challenge and the tag of No Copics...  a little tear or two might have welled up in my eye. It has been so long since I watercolored with any medium and I am SO out of practice, that I felt a disaster coming on. And one day I will learn to work ahead... well probably not. 
 This Screen Door was the most "country" looking image I could find in my stash and planned on coloring it kind of rough to have a rustic feel and disguise my poor out of practice skills. I stamped on watercolor paper and then used Tim Holtz Distress Reinkers to create a palette of colors and painted with a small paintbrush. I roughed up the edges of the panel and then used a cat's eye to darken all four sides.
I added this sentiment on the inside, along with a small brown paper scrap that I aded a few embossed lines across it with my Scor Pal.

6 comments:

  1. I love this card! But then again I am a country gal and I do not live where there is traffic. I can only see a couple of houses from where I live when the leaves are off the trees. I live where you city people come to get away. Your card is wonderful! You should paint more often and your creation looks like home to me!!
    Sandy in the mountains of Western North Carolina

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jenny, you did a beautiful job on your card! For not being a Country Girl, you did well!

    Vicki

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jenny - I LOVE this card! And you hit it right on the head - country is "no locked doors" and friends visiting through the screen door.

    Mary Lee

    ReplyDelete
  4. You did a fantastic job... even with no copics. The wood looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  5. How beautiful and fun too with your title! Love the key! Love the watercolor technique too! :-D Hee hee

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jenny, what a great card! I can almost hear the "squeak" of the door as it opens and then "slap" of the door as it closes.

    ReplyDelete