Pages

Saturday, November 12, 2011

Pumpkins and Mums

I have been coloring this image bit by bit this week and when I saw the challenge at the OCC today, I knew it was time to finish it up! 
Our Creative Corner's challenge today is: to create a project using pumpkins or the color pumpkin pie as the focal point or main color of your project! You find all the deets on how to play along right here at the OCC Blog
I miss playing with the OCC each Saturday, after being with them for a year then taking a break.... such a talented group of ladies and I'm trying to get back in the swing of playing with regular challenges ---seeing different styles and challenges spark different creative processes for sure! 
 I think I have the "pumpkin" part of the challenge covered FOR SURE! This is image is from Northwoods stamps and to keep it from being too overwhelmed with color I tried to add some light shading to the steps and then let the pumpkins and flowers be the focus. After coloring, I simply added all my layers using Perfect Layers Rulers to make for a quick card base.
I know I usually show you the Copics I used... but there were a lot!!!! And mums can be any color! I added a sentiment from Flourishes set "A Season of Thanks", adding  few nestie oval layers. I also sponged some brown around the edges on a few layers using a Cat's Eye eye ink pad - Chestnut Roan.

  • Stamps: by Northwoods Rubber Stamps - P7584 Steps with Pumpkins, Mums and Leaves, Sentiment from Flourishes - A Season of Thanks
  • Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Versafine Sepia Brown, Cat's Eye Chestnut Roan ink pad for edging.
  • Paper: DP from Authentique's Gathering 6x6 pad, Neenah Classic Crest Solar White, Brown
  • Other: Brown Jute String, Spellbinder's Oval and Scalloped Oval Nesties, Perfect Layer Rulers, Copics

6 comments:

  1. Very nice. Something very different.
    Love all the colors. Edna

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the richness of the orange pumpkins. I think the mums add balance to the whole picture.

    thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a gorgeous stamp Jenny and a lovely fall card!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your coloring on this is beautiful. What a great image and those lovely warm colors are so very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pretty pumpkins! Lovely image and a great Thanksgiving card.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jenny, it's so good to hear from you! This is a beautiful card and you've colored those pumpkins and leaves so perfectly! You're such a talented lady! I always love your cards!

    ReplyDelete