Pages

Monday, November 28, 2011

Outlines is "Hanging it Up" this week!!!

The Outlines Team is hanging it up this week, all of our projects have to hang.... no cards! Outlines has a huge range of Ornament Toppers and also Jewel It stamps that make for super easy templates to create your own holiday decorations.
Play along with the Outlines Team for a chance to win $25, check out all the details on the Outlines Blog.
See what the gals came up with today:

I altered this Ornament Topper slightly, cutting it down from it's original size and using a smaller portion... putting a few Spellbinder's Picot Edge Circles in the mix.
 Here are all the pieces I used. I heat embossed all the stamped pieces with detail gold EP. I used a heavy weight white shimmer and red shimmer card stock.
 Here are the pieces as they start to come together. I used Glossy Accents as my adhesive, as it hardens when it dries and added a little more heft to my ornament. The two large gold Picot Circles I glued back to back, tucking the gold hanging cord in between them. I aded a white Spellbinder's circle in the middle. You can see the layers coming together.
 Here is the finished layered piece... before adding the Swarovski Crystals. Both sides are identical, but with a different sentiment in the middle. Where the red diamonds over hang the circles, I added glue and pinched them together for a more finished look around the edges.

10 comments:

  1. Wow!! This is one beautiful ornament!!! I can see, yet again, an Outlines order in my future :)
    Dianne

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stunning! Love all the layers and colors!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good Golly Miss Molly - (I told you I was your country friend) this is absolutely gorgeous and now I am gonna have to get these dies and give it a go. Thanks for the great tutorial. This looks like the kind of ornament that would hang in an Atlanta Belle's southern home.
    Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  4. A real "duh" moment here...you always come up with the craftiest projects and make it look so easy! Awesome creation Jenny!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stunning!! I just love the embossed layers. Such a complex look that delivers on elegance!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Now that really is rich and gorgeous, Jenny!! I saw Shirley's ornament topper and this is just beautiful too! Love your layer tutorial!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow!!! Layers and layers of gorgeousness!!! I love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. WOW! What a beautiful take on this stamp! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. So intricate and gorgeous! Loving the gold embossing.

    ReplyDelete