Pages

Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Holiday Wreath

The  Serendipity Team is showing off "Shaped Cards" today. 
Check out what everyone created:  Amy - Anya - Miriam 
 This challenge was right up my alley as I am so enjoying making shaped cards with my Spellbinder Grand Dies! My card base is a folded ivory card.  I cut the same shape from the green checked paper covering the entire front of the card, which hides the small fold line in the ivory card base.
 I used an Xacto Knife to trim the wreath out after stamping in on ivory paper. I used Copics to color the wreath and even thought it's a lot of coloring... it went super quick! You can see the Copics I used in the above picture.
I added a little Glossy Accents over the red berries and popped the wreath up with foam tape. The sentiment I added stitch marks to and then gently curled it using my fingers. I adhered the curled sentiment oval using Dimensional Silicone.

10 comments:

  1. Very pretty, I love shaped cards also, really works perfectly with that stamp.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Like the shape of your card and the wreath is beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty! Love the coloring on the wreath. Great stamp!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, what a gorgeously colored image. The scalloped circle was the perfect shape to use with this image! Just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jenny, I had to study this to see if you had layered it - what fabulous coloring. And you certainly did sell this stamp for Serendipity today along with several others! Beautiful stamping art! Blessings.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very pretty card, love the layers, coloring & how you cut it out!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very nice card - your coloring is great and I love the patterned papers you used.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous card and coloring! I want to borrow that stamp!

    ReplyDelete
  9. beautiful card-I love the shape of the card and the coloring. I'd frame it :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely, great shape for your card and love your layering too!!

    ReplyDelete