Pages

Saturday, November 26, 2011

Happy Christmas Trio

Hoping everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving!!! I gobbled down food and took lots of leftovers (lol!) at my parent's house here in Atlanta. We had great food and good company! We were lucky and had a beautiful fall day with sunshine too!
 Each week I design cards for Outlines to feature with full tutorials and I thought I would share them this week on my blog too. This little reindeer is called Vixen and he is easy to color and add lots of fun bling and embellishments too! Plus, I had the cutest little reindeer paper that was just meant for him!
 I cut the image down just a tad... it actually has a frame around the edge, but I trimmed that off to have a slightly smaller panel to work with. You can see the colors I added around him, giving the image a fun wintery glow.
Above are the Copics I used to finish coloring Mr. Vixen the reindeer. I also colored a second star to pop up on the finished card.
Here is an up close view. On his nose... I added a tiny bit of Holo Glitter Pen for Sparkle and then add the Glass Effects Gel Pen over it for a shiny round finish. See the little reindeer in the patterned paper... how cute is that with this image! Lots of Swarovski Crystals added makes this image come alive too! A few layers on here... all of the straight line rulers were done with Perfect Layers Rulers <---- use this link for a discount code to order! Bakers twine wrapped around the panel and topped with a loopy bow to finish. The card is A2 and opens at the bottom tent style. A few embellishing pearls along the bottom edge made with the very addictive Viva Pearl Pens.... this one is Bronze. I used a little drop of black pearl pen for his eye.
________________________________________

Each week I create 3 card tutorials for Outlines Rubber Stamps. Sign up for the newsletter to see them each week, as I don't always share them here on my blog. Here are sneak peeks at the other two cards I created for this week's tutotial. Find all the step by step pictures and instructions for all three card at Outlines. AND all of the images used in these cards are now on sale for 20% off this week! 

Click HERE to find past tutorials with Pictures and Instructions.

7 comments:

  1. Absolutely gorgeous card! I just love the cute little reindeer, and you're right, that pattern paper is darling with it. Wonderful work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a sweet card! You did a great job of coloring and putting it together. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are amazing! Love them all.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So amazing Jenny! I do not know where you find the time!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love what you did with the star and as usual your cards are all beautiful & just perfect in every way ! Love your colouring and tutorials, I follow them on the Outlines Blog. Thanks for all your work ! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very pretty cards - as a fairly new card maker, your showing us the colors you used and having tutorials really helps. Thanks!
    Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  7. Totally reindeer elegance at its best and the twist is that it is so darn cute too! That DP is perfect for this classy little guy!

    ReplyDelete