Pages

Monday, November 7, 2011

Coloring Fall Leaves

Today brings another post for Prickley Rubber Pear Stamps. Check out what new designs are posted on the PPRS Blog from the team this week! I've been in a coloring mood lately thats what I did for today's card.
This stamp set is pretty versatile in that you can color your own leaves, stamp designed leaves or stamp on pattern paper and then cut them out with the coordinating custom die. Here is the set that I used for this card. (link is below in the supply list).



You can see the Copics I used. I put all the dark colors down first and then use my lighter colors to smooth out the color transitions. Remember leaves are all blotchy too -- so the color transitions do not have to be perfect!!!! I added two small layered mats... 1/16" edge to the panel using Perfect Layer Rulers.
After constructing the card, using foam tape to pop up some of the layers. I gently bent the leaves an used Dimensional Silicone to adhere them on top of the leaf panel.


Leaf Copic Coloring Ideas 
Tis the season for coloring leaves... so I thought I would show you a few a my favorite combos for fall leaves.... with Copic Markers, of course! Hope you can read my scratchy writing. I would love to share whose leaf image this is on the sample color sheets.... but I think this stamp got loaned out last fall and didn't make it home. So I don't know whose image it is. If you do please post a note so I can credit it! And if you might have my leaf stamp, -- return it!

8 comments:

  1. I am in awe! Your card is stunning, Jenny, and your coloring skills are out of this world!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So pretty and great coloring--and I don't have your stamp! :>)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my word, this is gorgeous!!! Your colors are SO realistic!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is the prettiest card I have seen in ages! Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. *Sigh*
    This card is soooo beautiful. Love it for it's dimension, fall colors and awesome coloring.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful colors and the frame is especially elegant!

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW! WOW! WOW! These leaves are perfect! They are reminding me of all of the raking I need to do. They look that realistic.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous card and thank you so much for the cheat sheet on Copic colours! I LOVE colouring my leaves in similar shades but they never look as realistic as yours! Think I may have to pick up a few more Copics!! Thanks again

    ReplyDelete