Pages

Tuesday, November 1, 2011

by gosh, by golly....


So the new Timeless Tuesday Flourishes Challenge was posted today... and don't fall down... but I actually made a card on the SAME day. Amazing. AND... my pal Miriam is the Guest Designer for the Tuesday Challenges this month and I was so THRILLED for her to get chosen this month! Way to go Miriam!!!
The challenge this week is to create a card with the "Out of the Box" Technique. You can read all the challenge details here ---> Timeless Tuesday #142. The card base is ivory, but I covered the entire front with the striped paper.
 Here is the mistletoe image and you can see the leaves that are "out of the box". I stamped the image on Neenah Classic Natural White (ivory) and did not add any color to the berries. I used G20 to add a soft glow around the berries, then softened the edges with the Blender pen. It does not show up well in the pic.
Here is a close up of the card. I added Viva Clear Glass Effects Pen over the berries to add dimension, it will dry clear but it is not quite dry yet in the picture... which gives it a blueish tint. I cut the sentiment and the mistletoe image out using Rectangle Nesties, and all the additional layers were created using Perfect Layer Rulers

8 comments:

  1. Such a fun sentiment to compliment your image Jenny!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty-coloring great as usual. Like the sentiment!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous card and great take on the challenge.
    I used the same image with the same technique for a card I am showing next week. LOVE your creation.
    Thanks so much for playing.
    Hugs and smiles

    ReplyDelete
  4. For some reason.......I just cannot imagine YOU saying "by gosh, by golly"??????????????????
    qkk

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the shout out! Love your take on the challenge and it makes me want to pull out that set.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very pretty - I'm liking that mistletoe set. Love Marcy's comment!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So pretty Jenny! Love how you combined various sentiments along with the pretty Mistletoe image! Thanks for playing along with FTTC :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. So beautiful Jenny! Awesome take on the technique! Thank you for joining us again this week :) !!! Hugs ~S~

    ReplyDelete