Pages

Monday, October 24, 2011

Outlines - Pretty in Pink

Today the challenge at Outlines is "Pretty in Pink". 
Join us for a chance to win a $25 Gift Certificate. 
Find all the details on the The Outlines Blog.
Check out what Pink treats the team has to share today:

 I'm still in love with making shaped cards with my Spellbinder's Grand Dies. I used the Grand Scalloped Square for this card, covering the entire card front with pattern paper cut from the same die. I thought this little dove might be cute in a pinky theme. Since the dove had the little olive branch in his beak, thats where the green came in to play. 
 I stamped the image twice, cutting out an extra dove and star to use to pop up over the originals. You can see here the Copic Markers I used to color the image. Really just two colors going on, which made it really quick and easy. I added airbrushing around the edges, before removing the nestie from the die using RV11.
Olivine Swarovski Crystals added extra sparkle (sizes 5,7,9 and 12). I also used the Viva Glass Effect Gel Pen to add a little shine over the leaves. On the scalloped edges of the green layer... a Viva Cream Pearl Pen to add small pearl embellishment.... I also added teeny tiny pearls on the hearts in the wings, using a toothpick to apply the pearl pen. A teeny little black pearl pen dot for the eye too! Straight line layers were all done using Perfect Layers Rulers. You can see I curved the two "extra" pieces, using Dimensional Silicone to pop them up. 

13 comments:

  1. What a beautiful stamp! Your coloring is awesome, as usual! I love the little bits of bling too. Fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So completely beautiful!!!!! Your coloring is absolutely divine!! thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW, Jenny, this is one beautiful card!!! I absolutely admire your stunning coloring! Hugs, Sabrina

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful sweet card! Sensational.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Jenny - I sure do enjoy visiting your blog. You make beautiful cards and you are so inspiring. I also enjoy the fact that you show us how to do different things. I became a follower. Thanks!
    Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful, fabulous colours and such a gorgeous image.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just love the way you color! Beautiful muted piece and the overall look is fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh wow, you really do Outlines justice with your creations! This is just spectacular and so lovely too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is beyond gorgeous! Those pinks, and the green accent are so beautiful. This is so class with the crystals and the pearl drops!

    ReplyDelete
  10. You knocked this one out of the park - stunning! You really did a great job with your coloring and airbrushing, but then I'm sure you already know that! :-) Love that patterned paper, too.

    ReplyDelete