Pages

Thursday, October 13, 2011

One Sweet Man.

Today I'm sharing a sweet themed Holiday card with Impression Obsession images. 
 When I started the card... my only idea was that I had all these great embellishing opportunities to jazz up the frosting on this cute little Gingerbread Man. BUT as sometimes happens with cards.... it all changed up. I pulled out this vintage colored paper and edged everything with Walnut Stain Distress Ink. I thought shiny frosting wouldn't quite work as well since everything else on the card had more muted tones.
 I stamped the Gingerbread Man in Memento Rich Cocoa on Curious Cryogen White. The Curious Cryogen paper has a little sparkle in it, you can see some white spots in the picture ----- those are tiny little sparkles. Hard to take a great pic to show it off. I colored him up with Copics and then used Distress Ink Walnut Stain to sponge around the edges. 
I finally broke open some of the Spellbinder's Edgeabilities and used the Classic Scallop on this card... loved this wide scallop edge! I curved the sentiment and also the gingerbread man and popped them up with Dimensional Silicone.

10 comments:

  1. He looks good enough to eat! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO CUTE.
    qkk

    ReplyDelete
  3. Not sure if my first comment went through or not. - This little guy is so cute. I love this card.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, very yummy! What a cute card, Jenny.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awww...this is as cute as can be...I do really like the vintage-ish feel!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Delicious looking card! Your little gingerbread man is as sweet as can be! Awesome paper choices and layout too~

    ReplyDelete
  7. AMAZING! That cookie looks real! Good enough to eat! This is one of my favorite holiday cards of all times! Need my address?...LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Really cute card - love the papers and the image!

    ReplyDelete