Pages

Thursday, October 6, 2011

Costume Party with IO!

Impression Obsession's challenge today is all about Halloween Costumes. AS always you can play along with us and WIN $25 to spend at IO. Find out all the details on the Impression Obsession Blog! See what spooky fun the team came up with today: Dina, Julie, Daniela, Jeanne, Laura and a warm welcome to Vicki Garrett who has just joined the IO Team!
So we were supposed to use a Halloween Costume inspired stamp.... so this Little Witchy was my pick for the day.... of course there is a cute little kitty in the mix too!
 Instead of airbrushing, I added some rough color around the edges of the image using Y21 and Y0000. I also edged both panels with a charcoal cat's eye. In the end I think it came a little grungier than I would normally like.... win some, lose some. 
I mixed up some Spellbinder's Nesties and have lots of layers going on... Pearls and Ribbon to embellish. Some of the layers are popped up too, so the card has lots of dimension and the little broom banner is curled up like it is waving in the wind, secured with Dimensional Silicone to keep that bend in place. Bow Easy tool to tie the little double bow and Perfect Layers Tools to add all the straight edge layers!

6 comments:

  1. Jenny! She is adorable!!! I almost used her for my card today, but she was a little big for what I was trying to do. Thanks for the warm welcome! I'm so excited to be joining you on the IO Team!

    Hugs

    Vicki

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it. Your coloring is awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it! I am eyeing your perfect layers...that tool looks cool! Love this layout!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love all those layers! I just ordered that adorable witch. You out of the box broom is fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Goodness this is soo Adorable! Love your Sweet image and the Terrific dp's you paired with your Sweet little witch! Just perfect! 8-)

    Hugs
    Shannon

    ReplyDelete
  6. Really cute - is this going on your front door? Or Barb's? Neither, I guess, cuz it doesn't look like a huffy broom...I notice you colored the kitty gray instead of black...it looks like Statia when she was a kitten! Maybe that means it's going to be hanging on MY front door...:-)

    ReplyDelete