Pages

Thursday, October 20, 2011

The color purple....

The Impression Obsession Design Team is all about the Color Purple today, that was the challenge. As always you can play along with us for a chance to grab $25 to shop at IO! Check out all the details on the Impression Obsession Blog. Check out what purple delights the team cooked up for you today: DinaJulieJeanneLaura, Vicki and Deborah.
 No Copics, again. Simple heat embossing for this card. Since the challenge was purple, I started by choosing the purple paper that had little gold flecks in it, which led to me  choosing the gold paper. I stamped the flower four times on the purple paper, cutting out different layers. I crumpled them up, but still wanted them to have more texture so I ran the pieces thru an embossing folder too. I stacked them up with foam tape in between each layer. I also tucked some leaf pieces under the flower too.
I added the get well strip banner along the bottom, adding a 1/16" border with Perfect Layers Rulers. I was so glad to see this new Get Well Clear Set with this last IO release... it has everything you could need!

11 comments:

  1. Stunning rose! Love the embossing to make it stand out!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful card and great technique with embossing the layers (petals) of the flower ! I'll get to work on a purple card this week !

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful rose. Only trouble is the sending. Would need to put it in a box. But, have done that before too. Edna

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW!! Jenny this is so pretty! Very elegant!

    Vicki

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just perfectly stunning - I love purple anyway but this flower is awesome!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. BEAUTIFUL Jenny...love love LOVE that punched border!

    ReplyDelete