Pages

Monday, September 5, 2011

Outlines - Picture this Challenge!

This week the theme for Outlines is "Picture This"... to use a picture in our project for the week. You can always play along with the Outlines Challenges every week... find out all the details on the Outlines Blog! Check out what everybody created this week and what pictures they chose to work with.... 
 I chose the picture first.... which in turn led to very PINK card stock that I used. I was shocked to even find this bright pink paper in my stash. When did I buy it and what was I thinking? Anyway... I was glad to have one sheet of the shocking pink as it was the only pink paper I had that was a close match!
 I used the Large Poppy Flower to create a simply stamped background on the card base. 
I cut apart a die cut from Spellbinder's Fancy Tags Two to add a decorative edge to the black mat frame. I used bakers twine to create a loopy bow embellishment.

4 comments:

  1. Yes, I think you're right....shocking pretty much sums this one up! I know Sandy is going to just *LOVE* it ;-) Beautiful photo and great job making your background paper!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is definately "out of the box" for me too Jenny...shocking pink might be somewhere in my stash but I doubt much of it as I am not into colors THAT bright but you brought an otherwise kind of wild card (to me) into a beautiful card. Great job and thanks for sharing. ekc

    ReplyDelete
  3. You might be in pink phase Jenny! This pic is perfect for the challenge and a perfect fit for the stamps!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That flower picture is so vibrant! I love it! The stamped background in black and white gives the bold colors balance. It's a great idea... one I'll just need to remember myself! haha!

    ReplyDelete