Pages

Monday, September 19, 2011

Outlines Moday Challenge - Lots of Layers.

The Outlines Monday Challenge is here. This week is all about using lots of layers on our projects. As always you can play along with the Design Team for a chance to win a $25 Gift Certificate, check out all the rules on the Outlines Blog
See what the team created this week....  Lisa Silver - Robin Kirkpatrick - Sandy Hulsart - Kecia WatersSue Kment - Jeanne Strieff
 I definitely used lots of layers... counting from the bottom of the card base to the smallest butterfly I have eleven layers. I guess I was in a girly mood with my colors and creating, this card certainly could not go to a man. The butterfly is part of a trio and I used just the largest one to create with. You can see the whole stamp here.
 I chose Authentique's 6x6 Paper Bundle "Uncommon" to create with. I stamped the large butterfly three times, cutting out the individual layers as shown. I colored the bodies using a black Copic. I just got my hands on new Nesties, so I had to throw one of those in the mix too. I used Spellbinder's Tear Drop Circles and airbrushed R20 around the edges before removing it from the die.
I built the butterfly up using Dimensional Silicone in between each wing. Since the butterfly had lots of dimension, I used two layers of foam tape to pop up the tiny sentiment. I cut it out and embossed the sentiment with Spellbinder's Nested Frames Die (this die was created by Spellbinders for JustRite).A few crystals around the edge f the circle to embellish and of course A BOW! I also used the Viva Cream Peal Pen to add a few little pearl touches on the wings.



12 comments:

  1. Oh how lovely!!! That butterfly is just amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, very cool, I love how you cut the butterfly apart to make the individual layers! Very lovely and elegant card.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pretty colors and like the way you've done the butterfly. Edna

    ReplyDelete
  4. 11 layers???!!! You win!

    This is breathtakingly gorgeous. The depth truly works on that butterfly, and the rest of the card. Love the colors!

    An AMAZING creation!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yep, I am with Kecia...You win! 11 layers OH MY! This is gorgeous! And looky...we used the same papers! So many details and such a delicate creation!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jenny this is gorgeous! I love how you put this together. Beautiful paper. Thanks for joining us at FTTC.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, Jenny, Jenny...as always your creations are AMAZING!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful! Love the colors, layout and the layering of your gorgeous butterfly.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is really a lovely card...love the layers here!! Great colors!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Absolutely gorgeous! I love the soft pinks and the layout.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fabulous. Love the soft colors and pretty papers you used. That butterfly is amazing - great idea you had cutting up and layering it like that.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Surely this is one of my favorites! So delicate and yet strong at the same time in the design and layout. Beautiful colors - a real work of art, worthy of framing and keeping forever!! I hope you are able to show and sell these wonderful pieces in the marketplace!

    ReplyDelete