Pages

Thursday, September 15, 2011

IO - Fall

The Impression Obsession DT Challenge this week is all about fall. Check out the IO Blog to play along in our challenge... as always you can play along with us for a chance to win $25 to shop at IO. Check out the IO Blog to find links to all the folks showing off fall designs today. 
 My thinking.... Fall = Halloween = Black cats!
I changed up the stamp a bit, cutting out just a portion using Spellbinder's Labels 11. I used another image to add the Halloween Definition along the side of the image. 
This is the full image...

 Here are the Copics I used to color the image. I stamped on Neenah Natural White paper, which is actually ivory in color.
I used foam tape to pop the image panel. I paired up the image with printed papers from Authentique's 6x6 Collection: Glowing. Added a few layers and some embellishments to finish it up. It's always hard for me to put something at an angle... I'm such a straight line person.... I love it when I see other peoples cards.. but it always looks weird to me when I do it! 

  • Stamps: CL285 A Bump in the Night Clear Set, H1838 Jack with House 
  • Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Versafine Onyx Black
  • Paper: Authentique 6x6 Collection Glowing, Neenah Classic Natural White, Black, Orange
  • Other: Misc. Ribbon, Black Brads, Bow Easy Tool, Copics, Spellbinder's Labels 11, Foam Tape, Ultimate Glue

9 comments:

  1. It is getting that time, isn't it. I like this stamp and you did a good job on it. Like the layout.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow - love the way you used this on a large tag - looks totally awesome! Thanks for sharing...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this card with all the fall colors Great card. Edna

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great combinations!
    qkk

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great colouring, love the stamp, really lovely Jenny. I'm going into spring here but I'm hooked on Autumn..lol..

    Luv CHRISSYxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. So many comments for this card...how fortunate that you actually have a black cat (you're welcome, BTW) - is he in a pumpkin by any chance? How funny that you used a stamp called 'A bump in the night' - was it a lamp that went bump in the night? And I'm totally with you on the angled panels - looks great for other people, not so much for me! Looking forward to seeing you and this card in a few hours ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great idea using part of the stamp...love it and love your card...great coloring....look forward to seeing more of your work.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful card! I love the way you've cut, colored and mounted the image. It is just beautiful!!

    Cheers!
    Jennifer :-)

    ReplyDelete