Pages

Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Hollyhocks

 I love to sit down and just get lost in coloring. I did just that with these Hollyhocks from Flourishes. I googled Hollyhocks first... to check what color I should make them and found that they can be just about any color of the rainbow!
 Here are the Copic Markers I used to color the flowers. Adding a simple mat with salmon colored card stock.
After I assembled the card I added Glossy Accents to all the flowers. With all the swirly black pearls on the card, I wanted to make sure that the flowers still stood out as the main image.  I used the Bow Easy to make a black bow from seam binding ribbon. The sentiment is popped up with foam tape. 

  • Stamps: Hollyhocks by Flourishes
  • Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black and Versafine Onyx Black
  • Paper: Neenah Classic Crest Solar White, Salmon Card Stock, DP by Basic Grey 6x6 Indian Summer Paper Pad, Black
  • Other: 1/16" Black Rainbow Tape, Adhesive Black Crystals, Spellbinder's Circles and Scalloped Circles, Glossy Accents, Foam Tape, Bow Easy, Black Seam Binding Ribbon

9 comments:

  1. Gorgeous! Love the black swirls and the colors you've chosen. I've pulled out my Indian Summer dsp too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So life like. Love the way you colors the flowers. Great card. Edna

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card, Jenny! I love your coloring and am so glad you post what colors you used. I will never be as good as you are, but I can try! Hugs!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just love those flowers, especially the way you color them.
    qkk

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are absolutely stunning!!! I can see why you were itching to color it! I love how you used the Glossy Accents on the flowers. The black pearls really make this card pop!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So beautiful Jenny, really lovely.

    Luv CHRISSYxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. So pretty-love the glossy flowers!

    ReplyDelete