Pages

Thursday, September 22, 2011

Have a Sweet Holiday!

 I love this sweet little birdie! He was an easy image to color... brown bird and red accents, easy peasy! This was a new image released at Summer CHA from Artist Gail Green.   Her stamps already have some shading and I find them even easier and more forgiving of my mistakes when I color! You can find more images from Gail using this link. I found this little candy candy print in my stash and knew it would be a cute pairing with this birdie. I'm totally in to making shaped cards with my Spellbinder's Grands and I also broke out a new Nestie to frame the little birdie today too... Labels 22. My card base is red card stock that is folded and then die cut... I used the same label to cut the red swirls paper and covered the front of the card... hiding the fold line.
 You can see what Copics I used above... I airbrushed with B52 while my die was still in the Nestie and outlined the inside of the frame with a black Micron Pen. I didn't mask the image when I airbrushed... I try to be careful and then I removed any blue (or as much as I could) using my blender pen. 
The red swirly paper has glitter in it... and is sparkly and fun in person. I added two black pearl dots for the eyes and I also coated the candy cane with Glossy Accents. The main image panel is popped up with foam tape too. The Sweet Holiday sentiment I hand cut in to a little banner shape and gave it a little curl with my fingers... I used a dab of Dimensional Silicone underneath it to keep it raised and curved.

7 comments:

  1. Fantastic! Love it all. The coloring, the image, the paper and layers, everything!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Jenny this is a super card. Just love that bird too!!! To bad my hubby has cut my crafting money off for right now. Ooops..guess I got carried away with buying. I am so addicted. LOL LOL TY for the inspiration which u are so so good at. ekciampo@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love him to Jenny, gorgeous card, love the colouring and layers....fabulous.

    Luv CHRISSYxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great card - perfect papers and love the Glossy Accents on the candy cane!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for visiting my blog today. I am happy to visit yours. This card is stuning. I love love all the die layers and your coloring. Beautiful Jenny.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am definitely going to try to case this...awesome girl!

    ReplyDelete