Pages

Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Boo!

Today the Serendipity DT is showing off Halloween themed projects and we our challenge was to use yarn or floss somewhere on them. Check out more Halloween images from Serendipity ---> HERE!
See what spooky treats the other ladies came up with: 
Amy - Anya - Kathie - MiriamLinda 
 This cutesy little spider made me smile while I created this card. The real live kind of spiders bring NO smiles.... YUK. But this guy is cute and fun for a Halloween card! I cut a folded card base from black card stock using Spellbinder's Grand Labels 23. Then using the same label die I cut a panel from the Halloween paper. I used a Micron Pen to trace the inside of the die before removing the paper and then colored the framed edge with a black marker. I adhered the panel to the folded card base... cut from the same die, they match up perfectly and it hides the fold marks in the card base.
 I stamped the spider and sentiment, then cut it out with Labels 23. I repeated the same framing process, coloring the edge black. I airbrushed around the edge using Y32.  I stamped the spider a second time and cut the head out with zig zag scissors. Just a few Copics to add some color to Mr. Spider. 
I made a multi looped bow with variegated embroidery floss and added a hanging string. The second stamped head got rounded from the backside to add some dimension. I added the popped up head with dimensional silicone. This card size ends up being an A2 in size.

7 comments:

  1. He is a non-scary cutie! The only spider I want to find. Great card shape and trick with the patterned paper to cover the folded edge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it! The shape of the card is fantastic. And that spider is my favorite halloween stamp!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now this is my kind of spider...Super cute and not at all scary. Wonderful card.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are always so creative in coming up with fun tricks with your nesties...a real cutie card Jenny!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The shape just makes this card Jenny, well that and the adorable spider, and the floss and the paper and the....

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is adorable! So well done and finely appointed with the whole design and layout. Another superb work of creativity!

    ReplyDelete