Pages

Monday, August 15, 2011

Summer Flowers

The Outlines theme this week is SUMMER. You can play along with us each week for a chance to win a $25 Gift Certificate to shop at Outlines! Check out all the details of how to play along with us on the The Outlines BlogSee what sweet treats the ladies created this week:  Jeanne StreiffLisa SilverRobin Kirkpatrick, Sandy HulsartSue Kment and Kecia Waters.
 I'm over summer. It's been too hot. Bring on fall, winter... anything. Just no more heat! I thought these fun little flowers looked like summer and I used yellows and oranges to make it seem more summerish. I used Spellbinder's Grand Scalloped Squares in the background, but cut the scallops off two of the edges. A few more Nestie layers to frame the flowers. 
 Here are the Copics I used to color the image. I used the 0 Blender to give a washed out look to the wheelbarrow.
After I added everything to the card, my final touch was adding a gold pearl center in all the flowers. Love that you can make them any size with the Viva Pens!

  • Stamps by Outlines: H-805 Sparkle Wheelbarrow
  • Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black
  • Paper: Neenah Peppercorn, Orange, DP by Kaisercraft, Black
  • Other: Viva Gold Pearl Pen, Copics, Seam Binding Ribbon, Bow Easy Tool, Spellbinder's Grand Scalloped Squares, Spellbinder's Circles and Scalloped Circles

8 comments:

  1. Beautiful card Jenny, very pretty.
    Love the flower centres and gorgeous colours....feel free to have my winter days, I'm over winter...lol..first time in history that the snow hit our seaside town...

    Luv CHRISSYxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loving the warm colors on this. The gold pearl pen dots look great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful, Jenny. Love the color scheme and all the Pearl pen accents!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card. Those flowers are so pretty and I love the pearl accents. I'll keep summer a little longer if you don't mind. Ours hasn't been all that hot and quite frankly I'm so not ready for cold weather again.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Summer could stay in St. Louis forever! And that's even after we've had 100+ degrees for several weeks straight. I love your bright flowers and bold colors! This is just so summery fun!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your coloring and the scallops!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So very sweet...but our flowers are just starting to bloom here and summer just beginning...cherries ending in a week...what happened this year???

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderful coloring of your flowers. Very pretty - funny that we used the same image for this challenge.

    ReplyDelete