Pages

Friday, August 19, 2011

Pretty in PInk....

So, the challenge over at Flourishes this week was to make a card using pink.... so I mulled it over for a few days and decided to create this card for the PINK challenge... I don't often use pink. And I finally sat down to post it tonight and went back to link the challenge and surprise... the challenge was to use pink, one button, lace and ribbon. So I have failed to read the instructions completely once again! Here is the link to the challenge, should you want to follow the instructions and play!
 I used an image from the new set Sweet days of Summer. I airbrushed a little pink and yellow on the image before I removed it from the nestie frame, leaving the outside white. I used a Micron pen to add the little stitch marks using the inside of the die as my guide. I loved this image with the girl reading... I was a big reader as a child... I could get lost in a book for hours! Who knew then that one day ipads would be here and we could download any book anytime with a few touches! 
The card stayed pretty simple. I grabbed a Martha border punch for the bottom yellow layer and studded a few black crystals along it for decoration. A simple bow to embellish and it was done. Easy Peasy.... well except for the part where I could not follow the directions.

6 comments:

  1. Very pretty. I really like the silhouette cards. Edna

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh how pretty! I love all the pink and your use of the image with the Copics is beautiful. Thanks so much for joining us at FTTC. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This color combo is so pretty with the silhouette!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's a great card, even if it doesn't have all the challenge components! Really like the two-toned airbrushing on the background. Funny that someone who likes to read as much as you do can't read the flippin' directions! You're a mess... ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jenny, I love all of your cards, and this one is no different. It is so beautiful, you do such a great job on them. Thanks for sharing another fabulous card with us.
    :) Kristine

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow this is soo Pretty! Love the beautiful colors you chose and wonderful layout too! I just have to ask, do your do all your Fabulous little dashes, free hand, or do you use a guide? They always look so Perfect!

    Hugs
    Shannon 8-)

    ReplyDelete