Pages

Monday, August 1, 2011

Outlines Challenge - Inspiration Photo

Inspiration Photo for this week's challenge.
The Outlines Team is posting today. We had a photo to draw inspiration from when creating our card this week. You can play along with us each week for a chance to win a $25 Gift Certificate to shop at Outlines! Check out all the details of how to play along with us on the The Outlines BlogSee what the ladies created this week:  Jeanne StreiffLisa SilverRobin Kirkpatrick, Sandy HulsartSue Kment and Kecia Waters.
No Copics on this very quick and easy card. I loved the picture and the clean colors of the green, white and black together along with a little elegant touch in the scrollwork of the mirror. When I looked through my stamps I thought it might work for a Christmas card, even though the colors are not really traditional red and green.
I stamped the snowflake with Versamark and the heat embossed with white detail powder to create the background. I used 1/16" Black Rainbow Tape to edge the green panel. I stamped the sentiment twice cutting the inside out and layering the white on the green with a little piece of foam tape. I used Spellbinder's Dies to create the panel for the sentiment. I also embossed the white die-cut with a snowflake CB folder. A white bow runs down the side and I added three little crystals at the bottom for a touch of sparkle.

7 comments:

  1. What a wonderful Christmast card! I can really see how you pulled from the inspiration photo. Awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh how elegant!!! I love that black scrolled piece as your focal image. Truly beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh so elegant. That touch of black really makes this card pop! Those snowflakes are lovely too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so elegant and classy! Love what you've done on this!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nicely done. Great non-traditional Christmas card. Love the snowflakes.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love a departure from the standard holiday fare - this is exactly that and done with a flourish and class that separates it from all the rest in the best possible way!

    ReplyDelete