Pages

Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Oh Happy Day!

The Serendipity DT is showcasing cards with a "Water" theme today. Check out what the team came up with:  MiriamAmy,  AnyaKathie and Lynda.
 My Father was a single parent and and an avid fisherman. Looking back, I know any time he had to get on the water was a Happy Day! I spent many hours watching him fly fish and fishing beside him. Really good memories... excluding the time he hooked ME and I had to go to the ER to have hook extracted! Not such a good memory there!
You can see the Copics I used to give this image a quick color job. I also airbrushed BG78 around the edges.I always keep man cards kind of simple and not too fussy. I added some simple piercing and a tiny jute string bow. The fisherman panel and the sentiment are raised with foam tape.

8 comments:

  1. Jenny your coloring is top notch and this is an amazing card. Thank you for sharing this am. ekc

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great for any man. Love the way you've put it all together. Edna

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks great! I love your coloring on this, especially the water. It is always a good thing when making a card prompts memories.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful card, coloring and story!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fantastic card, Jenny. Great coloring - a perfect Dad card!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Excellent masculine card, even if it does have a bow! Love the story of you and your dad, but I have to say I can't see you fishing...

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hope you were able to share this card with your Dad so he could appreciate it as much as others did. Very well done!

    ReplyDelete