Pages

Thursday, August 4, 2011

IO Challenge - ORANGE

Orange
That's the challenge today for the Impression Obsession Design Team. Check out the Impression Obsession Blog to see who's got orange treats up to see today! As always you can play along with us for a chance to win a $25 Gift Certificate. Find all the rules and how to enter on the Impression Obsession Blog.
 
Of course the color orange makes me think of Halloween, which makes me think of black cats! This was a new image released at Summer CHA.... Cat in the Jack. A quick image to color combined with a few layers of Spellbinder's die cuts to create the layers made for an easy card.
 Here are the Copics that I used to color. I did add a line and a grey base to ground the pumpkin. I also softly airbrushed around the edges using N3. I outlined the entire image with YR0000. The airbrushing and outlining are subtle and difficult to see in the picture.
I used Spellbinder's Eyelet Squares to cut out the scalloped square. In the small eyelet holes I added orange dew drop embellishments. I used foam tape to pop up the layers, adding dimension. I black bow made from seam binding finishes it off.

7 comments:

  1. Great card for Halloween!!! Love the dew drops!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh, I love this! So Adorable! I love the little black kitty inside the pumpkin! I must add this to my wish list! Fabulous layout and embellishments too! So Wonderful! Thanks for the inspiration!

    Hugs
    Shannon

    ReplyDelete
  3. How cute and Fun! Gotta love anything with a Cat image on it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great pumpkin and kitty! Love the sentiment too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Really cute and perfect for that new little black kitty in your life...

    ReplyDelete