Pages

Friday, August 5, 2011

Buzzin' By....

The challenge this week over at Flourishes was to create a card featuring our favorite flowers - Timeless Tuesday Challenge #129. Well... anything goes for me! No green thumb here... so my favorite flowers are anything that actually blooms around my house! I created this card using the "Bee my Honey" set.
I stamped the wildflowers off the bottom of the card stock, twice. I added the sentiment and stamped the little bee. I used a Micron Pen to add a little trail behind the bee. You can see the Copics I used to color the image.
Here is an up close look. I LOVE the bakers twine and have a had time not using it on everything lately! I used band of Scor-Pal tape on the card stock and then wrapped the twine around that. I added a little button and glued the bow on top of it. I used a Viva Pearl Pen to add the little pearl accents along the punched border.
  • Stamps: by Flourishes - Bee my Honey
  • Paper: Yellow and Brown DP by Bo Bunny, Neenah Classic Crest Solar White
  • Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Versafine Onyx Black
  • Other: Bakers Twine by The Twinery, Copics, Martha Stewart Border Punch, Misc. Button, Viva Pearl Pen Ice White, Bow Easy Tool

13 comments:

  1. Jenny, this card is beautiful! Love the twine, button, bees and flowers. So charming! I might just have to make one of my own like this. Thanks for the idea and sharing it! Your coloring rocks!
    Hugs, Becky Jo

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great use of this set! Fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it and just perfect for a friend that just got home from the hospital. Edna

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous card Jenny...such a great image..love the twine.
    Luv CHRISSYxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh this is so pretty! The lattice punch is a perfect compliment to this darling image!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh this is so pretty! The lattice punch is a perfect compliment to this darling image!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous card! Great coloring. I love all the elements!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my Jenny! This card is just stunning! Love the scape you made using your stamps! Thanks so much for joining us this week at Flourishes for Timeless Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
  9. AWWW...Jenny you are brilliant! Love how you used this Set! Thank you for playing the FTTC with us :) !!! Hugs & stay cool ~S~

    ReplyDelete
  10. Really nice card - excellent use of the images in the set. So, I guess if you thought you had a black thumb before, little Vinnie is ensuring it....and giving you a few black toes to go along!

    ReplyDelete
  11. So cute! You did a superb job in this creation - every detail is perfect! Love it!

    ReplyDelete