Pages

Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Train on the Tracks....

It's challenge time from the Serendipity Design Team today... and we were challenged to make something with a monochromatic theme. Check out what the rest of the team came up with for the challenge:  MiriamAmy,  AnyaKathie and Lynda.
 Obviously, I went with a grey color scheme. I added a little pop of white. Even though its more of a manly image I still could not keep from adding a bow... but it is only a single bow and it is grey, not a girly pink!
 I used Spellbinder's Labels 18 to frame the image. Before removing it from the die, I outlined the inside edge of the die with a black Micron pen.  I used W5 to airbrush the edges around the images. In keeping with the mono chromatic theme, I used only grey Copics to add some shading to the scene.
A large CB Folder was used in the background. The train panel is popped up with foam tape and I used two small strips of the dark grey to border the sentiment.

11 comments:

  1. So glad I am first today as I think this card is amzaing Jenny. Love the monochromatic theme and that old train image is great for a "masculine" card. Wow. Great job. The box goes fine...my hubby would have no problem with it, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is wonderful Jenny. I love the warm grays on your fabulous card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW! This is stunning. Who knew greys could be so dramatic! Love the embossed background too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very nice. Any man would love this one. Edna

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great job, as usual, Jenny! I really like this.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am going to have to give my little copic air gun another chance after seeing this!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I fell in love with that stamp a few weeks back, but didn't let myself buy it. Now I'm thinkin' I should have. Hmmmmmm

    Beautiful job!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Stunning card, from the gorgeous coloring right down to the details.

    ReplyDelete