Pages

Monday, July 18, 2011

Outlines - Sweet Tooth

Time for an Outlines Challenge.. and we all have a sweet tooth this week. That is the challenge, just incorporate something sweet and sugary on your card! You can play along with us each week for a chance to win a $25 Gift Certificate to shop at Outlines! Check out all the details of how to play along with us on the The Outlines Blog
See what sweet treats the ladies created this week:  Jeanne StreiffLisa SilverRobin Kirkpatrick, Sandy HulsartSue Kment and Kecia Waters.

 I kept it sweet and simple for this card. A little bit of October Afternoon Paper and a loopy Martha Stewart border punch make up the card. I embellished with baker's twine from The Twinery, love that stuff! I used a band of 1/8" Scor Pal tape to hold the twine in place as I wrapped it around the card base.
 After stamping the image, I cut out just the cupcake part for my card. Here are the colors that I used to color up the cupcake. I'm not sure I know what flavor orange frosting would be... but I was matching colors in my paper! 
I used the Viva Glass Effects Gel Pen to add a glaze over the cherry and also the flame on the candle. The wooden alphabet is from Pink Paisley and is slim and light enough to go into an envelope with out adding too much bulk. Sweet and simple card. Finished size is an A2.

  • Stamps: H-1016 Sketchy Cupcake by Outlines
  • Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black
  • Paper: Neenah Classic Crest Natural White, Red, DP by October Afternoon
  • Other: Bow Easy Tool, Baker's Twine from The Twinery, Viva Glass Effects Gel Pen, Pink Paisley Wooden Alphabet Letters, Martha Stewart Border Punch

8 comments:

  1. Love your card. And it's great that you show the colors you used to color the image!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, yummy, love this color palette, and what a wonderful card.

    ReplyDelete
  3. REALLY cute. Great coloring! Love the CAKE letters!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How delish!!! The colors are so bright and fun! And I love your glossy additions!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I LOVE this card! The colors are delicious! As for the orange frosting, I'm guessing it is a buttercream frosting with some orange food coloring in it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a "treat" this card is. Everything about it is just delightful.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You know it is all about the little details you add to your creations that make you a great stamper! Love this!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very fun. Love the wooden letters, the twine and you've colored the cupcake wonderfully even if that is an unheard of color of frosting. I'm guessing you haven't made a lot of cupcakes, eh? ;-)

    ReplyDelete