Pages

Monday, July 11, 2011

Outlines - Polka Dots!

Time for an Outlines Challenge.. and we are seeing spots... more specifically... Polka Dots. That is the challenge, just incorporate Polka Dots on your card! You can play along with us each week for a chance to win a $25 Gift Certificate to shop at Outlines! Check out all the details of how to play along with us on the The Outlines Blog
See what the ladies created this week:  Jeanne StreiffLisa SilverRobin Kirkpatrick, Sandy HulsartSue Kment and Kecia Waters.
No copics. Whaaaat. I know... it's rare, but it happens. Simple stamping today for this card. Versafine Black ink only... I stamped the Funky Flower three times, cutting out two of the flowers to use to pop up over the fist stamping on the nestie. I gently curled the flower petals before adhering them together gluing them only in the center. I then went back and used dimensional silicone under each petal to keep the curl and keep it raised. The banner is one long strip that I hand cut, I bent the ends back and used a piece of foam tape under the center strip. Polka dots are in the image, the background paper and on the top I used a polka dot CB folder.
Before I added the center button, I added a fairly large black liquid pearl with my Viva Decor Black Pearl Pen, I pushed the button in to it so that the black pearly stuff came up through the button holes. I didn't use any glue, letting the pearl pen dry and act as the adhesive to hold the button in place.

13 comments:

  1. Wow, I love those papers, so vintage and yet elegant. Lovely mix of textures and patterns, a beautiful card, Jenny.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love what you did with the button! Wow! Those Pearl Pens can do anything!

    Your card is elegant! Truly a beauty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, Jenny, I LOVE-LOVE-LOVE that color combination, one of my favs.

    BTW, thank you so much for your help on Friday with airbrushing instructions. Gayle and I enjoyed it so much and practiced when we got home (imagine that)!!!!
    qkk

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such lovely choice of DP Jenny...Such a gorgeous layout out...very dramatic and vintage!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jenny, this is so....clean and simple...I love it!

    Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great polka dot flower and like the button treatment. Thanks for sharing how you did the pennant sentiment.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! This is really dramatic! Love the cream, white, tan and black together. The text dsp is a nice touch.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great card Jenny. Love the black and white papers and the flower effect in the middle with the polka dots. Wow...great job. ekc

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh! I just love this Funky Flower in elegant colors! I love this!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh this is a GREAT looking flower...card.....hmmmm?? what will I find to do??? HMMM?? Tomorrow's project perhaps!!! Looks like fun!

    Thanks again!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Clever clever clever!!! You do such beautiful work, Jenny!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Once again, a perfect marriage of color, design and creativity! Classy and original!

    ReplyDelete