Pages

Monday, July 4, 2011

Outlines Monday Challenge - Red Hot

HAPPY FOURTH OF JULY!
Today's challenge for Outlines is RED HOT -- we were to make the color RED prominent in our design. Easy Peasy! I love red! Play along with Outlines for a chance to win a $25 Gift Certificate, find all the details on the Outlines Blog
Saying Goodbye to Bev Gerard and Vicki Garrett on the Outlines Team, as their term is up... We'll miss you!!! Check out the really red designs the team came up with this week and welcome to our two newest members Sue and Kecia:  Jeanne StreiffLisa SilverRobin Kirkpatrick, Sandy Hulsart, Sue Kment and Kecia Waters.
 I just got my hands on the new Jillybean paper pad Watermelon Gazpacho and had to break it right open! I thought this colorful paper would pair up nicely with the Floral Bouquet image, using red as another main ingredient too! I anticipate using this entire paper pad down to the last bits of scraps!
 Here is the image cut out and colored with Copics. I loved that the image had this fun border to cut around. A different alternative to using nesties and it looked so unique.
Of course the flowers needed a little extra dressing up after coloring! So I added bling around the edges and in some of the flowers. Swarovski Crystals used are: Aquamarine Size 12, Light Siam (red) in sizes: 16, 12 and 9. But they still needed something more and you know whenever I have a chance.... I pull out my Pearls Pens... and that's just what I did! I added some pearly centers and also used the Glass Effects Gel Pen over a few of the flowers too. I added a little red bow with a dab of Ultimate Glue to finish off this summery card.

9 comments:

  1. This bouquet is really beautiful! Love all the pretty colors! Thanks for creating and showing such a beautiful card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful, I love the bright happy colors! And that big bow!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great card - wonderful coloring. Love all the pearl dots and crystals! Can't wait to get my hands on that paper, too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely lovely Jenny! Love what you did with the rhinestones and the Viva too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this, Jenny! I adore the border around the flowers...totally awesome. And the colors you used matching that yummy paper from Jillybean Soup...just wonderful. All of the little details totally make this card!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You so have the knack for pairing the perfect papers with the perfect image. I love this flower image and all the bling...beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great colors for a very summery card!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Don't you just love the bright and happy colors in this Jillibean paper pack, I think they are my favorites right now. Gorgeous card, Jenny, love your coloring and all the dimension from the pearl pens and the crystals!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh how fun!!! I just love these flowers! So bright and fun!

    ReplyDelete