Pages

Thursday, July 14, 2011

Just for you....

Today I'm sharing this little mouse and kitty card. I guess it could go for any occasion with the "Just for You" sentiment. Since the little mouse had a little heart he was offering up, I thought it worked. This is image done by Gary Robertson... one of my favorite artists for Impression Obsession since he often works a little black cat in to his images. 
I used several colors on the mushrooms, going over colors, changing them, darkening, lightening them... I'm sure I could never color these exactly the same again. LOL! I stamped the image on Neenah Classic Natural White paper, which is a light ivory color. I used a flicking motion with E81 outward from the moon and put no color at all inside the moon. I tried to give the illusion of stripes on the kitty fur. 
After coloring the image completely, I used Versafine Onyx Black ink to add the sentiment in the top corner. To finish the card, I added a little dot of black enamel to give the mouse his beady little eye. I tiny dab of Glossy Accents over the small red heart. I used a Viva Bronze Pearl Pen in the center of the flowers. Finished card is an A2. 
  • Stamps by Impression Obsession: A3562 - Just for You,  F1768 Cat and Mouse
  • Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Versafine Onyx Black
  • Paper: Neenah Natural WHite, Misc. DP, Brown
  • Other: CB FOlder, Viva Bronze Pearl Pen, Bow Easy Tool, Marta Stewart Border Punch, Glossy Accents, Ranger's Black Enamel, Copics

10 comments:

  1. I love this card. Any card with a kitty is perfect but the coloring was so good and showed the "fir person" in an excellent way. I enjoy getting my mail from you. You are so talented. thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I, too, LOVE this card. Your coloring is impeccable. I am a cat lover myself and think I just might HAVE to have this stamp!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A.D.O.R.A.B.L.E.
    qkk
    aka The iPad Queen

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful card! Love this stamp, one of my favorites. Great job shadowing, I thought the moon or sun was popped up but I was wrong. :) Thank you for sharing.

    Katie B.

    ReplyDelete
  5. fabulous Jenny. what a great job you did adding those tiny embellies to add so much to the texture of your card. love, love, love it. keep inspiring us please.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, what a gorgeous card! I love the colors and, being partial to black cats, I get a chuckle at the sophisticated innocence (chuckle chuckle) of the cat.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great card. Such a unique image (I love it).

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, What a Beautiful card! Love you wonderful coloring and Fabulous card layout . Your dp's are just wonderful too! Thanks so much for sharing your creative process and the wonderful inspiration! 8-)

    Hugs
    Shannon

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful coloring and blending, the hint of red for the heart is charming!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a gorgeous card! I just bought this wonderful stamp along with two other Gary Robertson kitties and am looking forward to using them.

    ReplyDelete