Pages

Thursday, July 7, 2011

IO Challenge - A cutesy hello card....

An Impression Obsession Challenge... We are making "hello" cards today. As always you can play along with us and have a chance to collect an Impression Obsession Gift Certificate for $25. Check out all the details of how to win and also find links to the Design Team cards for today on the Impression Obsession Blog!
 As always... my interpretation of challenges gets fuzzy sometimes... "hello" turned in to "What's Cookin" with this cute little chicken image! I used Spellbinder's Grand Big Scalloped Ovals to create the card base. I stamped the yellow card front with Versafine Crimson Red and the Cover-a-Card Background Gingham
 I stamped this little chicken chef and used an oval nestie to frame it, tracing the oval from the inside of the die with a Micron Black Pen. I carefully cut around the chicken when I cut it out. You can see the Copics that I used to color it. I also airbrushed Y13 around the edges.
Here is a close up of the card, the finished size card will fit in to an A2 sized envelope.

13 comments:

  1. It may be cutsy - but it is absolutely ADORABLE!!!! See your tomorrow, Ms. Copic.
    qkk

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Jenny you keep making the types of cards I love. Simple but colored in with copics. I am building up my collection of copic sketch pens but need to take a class on how to use them. I am afraid to use them until I know more about them. Any suggestions? I love your work and this chicken card is amazing!!!! Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh, this is stinkin' cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How cute is that chicken?! Love it...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh this is so cute! Love the shaped card and the DP too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Giggle! - Yep, that's what I did when I saw this fun card. That chicken image is hilarious and fun.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my Gosh, this is so darned adorable! Love your card shape too. Just super Cute!

    Hugs
    Shannon

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my WORD! I LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE this Jenny! I have that stamp and it's one of my FAVES!

    Hugs,

    Vicki

    ReplyDelete
  9. Totally cute! Love the colors and your whole design! What a great use of die cuts!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What's Cookin' definitely translates to hi there in my book! I love your card. It is cute, you did such a good job with all of the details. And I love the gingham background stamp! Thank you for sharing.

    Katie B.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This chicken is hilarious! The paper goes perfectly!

    ReplyDelete