Pages

Friday, July 22, 2011

Impression Obsession - More CHA Sneak Peeks!

 This entire week the IO Design Team is showing off all sorts of fantastic new images coming your way! Check out who is showcasing new images today and how you can win some $$ to get some new rubber in your hands! All the details are on the Impression Obsession Blog! Want to see even more? You can check out the entire new Fall and Winter Impression Obsession catalog ---> CLICK HERE! Lots of new samples and ideas in the catalog too! 
 My cards lately have been definitely a "less is more" theme. I seem to kind of be in a simpler mode when I sit to make something. This card definitely falls right along in that category. Image and sentiment stamped together on the same panel, with a few touches of color and few layers of card stock.
 Here are the Copics I used to add a few touches of color. 
After I colored the image I embossed it with a polka dot embossing folder. But then thought the embossing was too much, so I ran it though again with some flat layers of card stock to flatten it back out.  But it only flattened out some of it and I kinda liked the result of the more subtle embossing. After I assembled the card I went back and added a little holographic glitter glue to give some sparkle. I also used a Viva Decor Ice White Pearl Pen to top off Mr. Snowman's hat. 
  • Stamps: All stamps by Impression Obsession - #E8630 Snow Many Presents, #C8609 Celebrate Joyfully - stamps soon to be available online.
  • Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black
  • Paper: Neenah Classic Crest Solar White, Misc. Red and Green DP
  • Other: White RIbbon by SU, Bow Easy Tool, Viva Decor Pearl Pen Ice White, Viva Decor Holographic Glitter Pen, Copics

24 comments:

  1. Oooh, This is soooo Sweet! I love the glitter and the subtly flattened embossed dots too.. Love how they came out so perfectly for you Adorable image!

    Hugs
    Shannon 8-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a sweet card. I love sentiment.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sheesh...there he is again! Just when I think that I can live without this little guy, your card pops up in front of me! What a darling card - beautifully colored, and I'm totally lovin' the sparklies!!! Thanks for a great week! Have a super weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. NO-NO-NO, it is way too soon for Christmas. NO-NO-NO.....
    qkk

    ReplyDelete
  5. love the glitter and the card...beautifully done.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just love these new snowman stamps!! Love your coloring and the touch of glitter.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Jenny......What a super, lovely card. Thanks for the tip about running the embossing back through the machine to "tone it down" a little. I wouldn't have thought to do that and the effect is just perfect with your card.

    ReplyDelete
  8. this is gorgeous! I love the little bit of sparkly snow!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the colors and the glittery snow! He is just adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Looks gorgeous! love that glitter!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I just love the bow on the snowman's middle snowball - so cute and festive! Nice job.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Those flattened dots are kind of interesting - like lumpy snow. Your glitter is divine, as is the pearly band and ball on his hat. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm loving this stamp, your coloring an the addition of glitter really make this card.
    alsmouse ~C8>

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love this snowman! The glitter rocks!

    ReplyDelete
  15. oh my Jenny! This is precious! I so need some of these new snowpeople images

    love love love them

    Vicki

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is a wonderful card! I love all of the little touches you put into making it great! Those little snowball presents are so cute! Thank you for sharing.

    Katie B.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love your card! Flattening out the dots is really neat and I love how you used the glitter and Viva pen!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Ooooh.... you are sealing the deal ladies! This is just adorable. You've done an incredible job with your coloring. I've also found new, can't-live-without-em Copics too. EEEK!

    *dances happily away to add a couple of colors to my order*

    ReplyDelete
  19. This card really says Christmas! Love how you used the Viva Pearl pen on his hat, and the glitter glue on the snow! I would've never thought of flattening out the embossing like you did here, but it is stunning! Love how you embossed on the main panel! That bow is absolutely stunning! The white was a great choice here!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I have a thing for snowmen...betcha didn't know that LOL! Darling and so very festive!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I agree, less is definitely more on this card! The glitter really makes it fun.

    ReplyDelete
  22. LOVE this snowman!!! I really like the dotted texture in the background!!!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Joyful for sure - adorable!!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Simplicity is everything sometimes and it shows in this card. Beautifully done with just the right sparklies, red accents and the written sentiment is perfect. Another amazing piece of work!

    ReplyDelete